1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My new (to me) Ampeg goodies

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MadJap, Oct 3, 2009.

1. MadJap

MadJap

Aug 26, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    I was happy with my Ampeg BA115 since I got it used about a year ago.....until I played my bass through a Fender Eighty-Five guitar amp....I heard tones and crispness that I have never heard through my old Ampeg.

Since then, I've been reading up on improving my gear so that I can get that Fender tone with the thunder of the Ampeg. I think I just found it, and it was a friggin' bargain to boot!

Check out what I just bought off of a guy on the local CL.

Ampeg SVT3-Pro, racked in a gator case, an Ampeg SVT210HE and a SVT15E. All for $600!

I love the tone and the volume this thing puts out. I know this thing is an overkill for my home office / practice room, but I think this will keep me happy until I hear something else that I can't live without.

WOOT!

MIJ

SVT3PRO.

stack.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Nice. That's a helluva big practice amp, you should consider jamming with some friends, or even starting up a band. That rig will handle most any gig. Congrats.

3. wow you got yourself a great deal! I love my ampeg rig! damn 600 for all, usually those heads alone will sell for that much!