1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My NV610 facelift idea

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BigMikeW, May 15, 2006.

1. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    Most of you know I have a NEW Bergantino NV610 coming the first week in July. I am hoping it is the Holy Grail of cabs for me.

IF it is... I am going to have it recovered. I hate black carpet and want something a little more classic and something that not everyone else has.

I am thinking of having it recovered in Diamond Blue Tolex ala Ampeg Fliptops. I might even do it myself. I use to build cabinets and cases for a couple companies out here when I was much younger.

I found a pic on Low Down Sounds website of what a 610 they did looks like using Diamond Blue Tolex and I love it. I wouldn't make the cab a flip top; I just want the look.

Change This
    [​IMG]
    Into This!! :bassist:
    LDS_6x10-flip.

Makes me drool uncontrollably.

Imagine an NV215 recovered like this right next to it. With a DB750 driving them. I am getting dizzy, must, sit, down.

Thoughts?

2. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    I REAALLLLLY like this idea. I've seen some of the LDS blue-tolex stuff, and i have a B-100R, and it's just very awesome.

3. MotorTed

MotorTed

Apr 16, 2006
    CT, USA
    why the wait? does it take that long to ship?

Very cool look to the blue tolex! Very much like a b100r that grew up.

4. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

Jim is running a handful of NV610's and they won't be done until then. I wanted a brand new cab from him.

5. MotorTed

MotorTed

Apr 16, 2006
    CT, USA
    Can you buy them direct or is there a dealer you need to go to? I noticed they're probably as far from me as there closest dealer. I was interested in this cab for the same reasons as you also thought about schroder.

6. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I think I had to get some Depends Undergarments just to think about that rig. That would be a rig that can create tonal bliss and wreak sonic havoc. Maybe I should finally get back surgery done...........

Another thing to consider is a Tolex or Leather Rack Case for the DB750. That would just complete the look.

Anyway, congrats on getting a slot on the limited NV610 production run.

7. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Dealer only. I went through Gary at Guitar X on the advice of a couple trusted sources.

8. JohnThomasson

JohnThomasson Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Supro, Mesa Boogie, DR Strings, Source Audio, Pigtronix, & Fishman
    You should check and see if Jim will do the "facelift" for you. I heard he was talking about the doing color themes with the newer small batches of NV610s. Of course lots of his ideas are short lived. I saw a red tolex one he did when they first came out. It looked great.

I run a DB750 and NV610. I think you'll love it unless you like "HiFi."

9. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    For the last hour or so I have been drawing up plans for a head/rack for the DB and a couple other items. I MIGHT do it.

However, I do have a 9 space touring rack that would definitely keep the gear far safer.

10. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    I will PM Jim ASAP and call him in the morning. When did he talk about this?

11. JohnThomasson

JohnThomasson Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Supro, Mesa Boogie, DR Strings, Source Audio, Pigtronix, & Fishman
    My friend John, at Bass Emporium said Jim had an idea about doing something different with each limited batch of NV610s and one of them was different tolex colors. Maybe even based on seasonal colors, but you should find out from the horses mouth if he'll do different colors.

12. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    tom hamilton of aerosmith has his new ampeg stage rig finished like this- it looked purty in bp... :bassist: :bassist:

13. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    I want to get an AD200b and recover my NV425 in orange tolex. That would rock.

14. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    My first thought in reading post #1 was "looks like someone elses Tom Hamilton BP is sitting on the back of the john". :cool:

my incoming El Whappo might turn tweed someday

15. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

???? :confused: :confused: :confused: ????

16. MotorTed

MotorTed

Apr 16, 2006
    CT, USA
    Black Leather with chrome accents would be nice

17. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Wow, Mike. I love the look of it. When u get tired of it, just ship it east to NY. LOL

Rob

18. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I think it's a great idea, and it'll look absolutely killer if you go through with it.

19. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

HA! Now why would I do that? :scowl:

I just sent Jim an email about this and I plan on talking to him tomorrow. I am just not into carpet and want something a little more classic looking.

20. Great idea. The Diamod Blue Tolex looks incredible, and it wears well too IME. Are the 610 and 215 the same dimensions?