My Setup..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by OysterBoy, Feb 26, 2006.

1. OysterBoy

Sep 19, 2004
    Ontario, Canada

Franken-Bass Project
    -Peavey Milestone 3

Attached to it is a KORG Pandora 4 Multi Effects unit. Very very versatile little unit, even better now that it's within hand's reach (the knobs / buttons are pretty small).

(Planing to also add a Pitch / Harmonics controller in the back rear of it; but not till I buy a new bass :p).

Also just got my first amp recently.. (not the cheesy part of the thread).

Yorkville Bassmaster XM200T
    -Ibanez CF7 Chorus / Flanger
    -Ibanez PD7 Phat-hed (Overdrive / Dist) [not pictured]
    -DOD Envelope Filter (Borrowing from a friend; not very impressed, since I have just as strong a wah effect on my Pandora..)

The pandora is working out great for me in that position, but I realize it's not gonna win any beauty contests. Overly cheesy?
  2. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Why don't you just buy one of those 80's basses with the effects built in? Werent there some basses with cartridges or something you can put it? I like the effects processor strapped to the bass, but Im not ballsy enough myself to walk up on stage with it : ) more power to you!
  3. not to be a jerk or anything but thats gotta be one of the worst things i've ever seen.

Please take that think off of your bass.
  4. klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    ignore the fashion snobs. If it works for you, go for it!
  5. tbone0813

tbone0813 The faithless say farewell when the road darkens.

Aug 6, 2005
    Grand Prairie, TX.
    One word......TRIPOD!
  6. better pictures would help.
  7. velcro might give a cleaner look - or go 100% grunge and use duct tape
  8. I personally

would velcro that badboy to my strap

and leave the poor bass alone. I can understand wanting it close, and if thats the only way to do it, I'd understand having it there. But theres gotta be a better way.
  9. thats what i was tyring to say... you just put it alot better haha.
    taping it to the bass just doesnt seem like the best idea.
  10. alanbass1

Feb 8, 2006
    Doesn't that get in the way?
  11. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    The Pandora comes with a strap attachment. Use it, and use it often.
  12. If it doesn't get in the way, it sounds like it is practical, so go for it. People's views differ, so do whatever you like. I vote for duct-tape myself. If you are going frankenstein, go all the way. I have a duct tape/spray painted/partially scorched/abused starcaster, thought for a backup guitar but sounded better than my nicer looking one! Whatever floats your boat...I'm not into effects so I wouldn't put one on my bass but if I was, and my unit was that small (no pun intended), I would go for it.
  13. ehm,:eyebrow:

seems like it might just fall off if you start playing hard, just velcro it to the top of your amp and have different presets ready when your playing live