1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My synth bass setup

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jazzkuma, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Jazzkuma

Jazzkuma

Sep 12, 2008
    Hey all, this is a recording of a band I play in. Im using MXR noise clamp/gate, MXR bass envelope filter, TC electronic Mojomojo, MXR m288 bass octave deluxe played with Fodera MG5.

considered using a markbass super synth but i feel this was better. Tracking was also better than the super synth.

Let me know what you think!

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

That was nice! I dig!

3. Jazzkuma

Jazzkuma

Sep 12, 2008
    thanks! I wish there was a shot of the pedals chain in the video cuz that was sort of a challenge to put together. Mainly cuz of tracking and noise issues but we eventually found a way to get rid of it. But Ill post a picture of it sometime soon!

4. Dope groove!

5. gleneg61

gleneg61

Jan 10, 2008
    Osaka Japan
    Excellent playing, players, groove n feel, I hope u guys get somewhere coz ur all very talented. Subbed ur utube channel 2!

6. BassGuyFL

BassGuyFL Formerly known as RichardCranium Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Boynton Bch FL
    Nice sound and sweet groove good stuff!

7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    That was really well done, and tasty. Good luck to you and the whole band, I enjoyed that. Oh, and the "synthy bass" was cool.

8. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    Love it, excellent band. So great to see younger musicians with talent playing great music. Hope for the future yet! Stay close with these guys.

9. walldaja

walldaja

Apr 27, 2011
    +1

10. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    Excellent. Great synth bass tone.

11. Pako

Pako Are we having fun yet?

Jul 31, 2002
    USA, Montana
    Nice! Tight! The synth added some great texture to the mix. Thanks for sharing.