1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My truss rod is stripped.. any advice?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by 1w0rldcurrency, Apr 5, 2009.

1. I have a Yamaha BBG5S and the truss rod is stripped. Is there any way I can save it? I love this bass and I would hate to retire it. The neck is bowed out like a banana. It still sounds alright, but it is not the same bass anymore. Any ideas?

2. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    yes there are ways to fix it , its not a lost cause yet there was good info about truss rod fixes on the tdrpi forum i cant really find the one i was looking for tho here is some info one methods worst thing possible is buy a neck for it
    http://www.tdpri.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-137345.html

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

My first bit of advice would be to post this in the Setup & Repair forum. Moved.

4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

And be sure it's the rod, not a stripped nut.

5. Mutato

Mutato

Oct 15, 2008
    The truss rod nut on one of my Warwicks is stripped out. I was advised to gently tap the tool with a hammer to get it in a little deeper to catch on where it is not stripped. That actually worked out real good for me.

6. therex

therex

Jun 24, 2007
    lima
    there is a tool you could use in stewmac dot com
    also you can hammer the key inside, wich may not work but it cant really make any damage
    if you want more hlep PM me, i have a totally stripped truss rod in my bass