Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MySpace.com, anyone here using it for PR?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by xush, Oct 4, 2004.

1. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
  2. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    yep. I use it help network with other bands in the area. Considering it is free, you can upload your music, you can set up your gig dates, and you can keep a blog- it is a win win tool for promotion

www.myspace.com/thesecondnature

3. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    cool. Let's be friends... (see your profile)

Do you find you get much feedback from the site?

4. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    I define feedback as intelligent criticisms about music or marketing. And if that is how you define it then no. I really don't get any feedback.

I have gotten in touch with a couple of different bands and gone to their shows (you need to put out the effort to see them first before they will see you).
    I’ve also gotten a few new people to come to my shows but 99% of them have other things going on. But I am in LA… and everyone has something going on- you really need to market yourself correctly for someone to spend a Friday or Sat night going to see a new band when they could be doing a thousand other things. Alabama might be easier for you if there isn’t nightlife outside of hitting bars and checking out new bands.