1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

n-track studio

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by AdlerAugen, Jun 21, 2007.

1. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    anyone know anything about this program? I've just started using it, and it's version 5.

2. optikhog

optikhog

Apr 2, 2007
    St. Peters, MO
    I've used it for a long time. The GUI is a bit messy, but it works quite well once you get used to it. Save often as it can crash unexpectedly.

3. twangchief

twangchief Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Altoona, PA
    I know that it used to be free and now they're charging for it. Maybe they've made some great improvements to it.

There is always 'Audacity' if you're looking for a free program.

4. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    i don't need a free program...ehh free programs i've always had some sort of bad experience or just tasted somethin better that was paid for.

and i've used audacity before. It's ok but it doesn't have everything I need.

and gosh I hope it doesn't crash as often as cubase did on me...although cubase never crashed the whole way it just stopped putting any sound to any outputs and I had to exit then restart the program to get anywhere.

5. optikhog

optikhog

Apr 2, 2007
    St. Peters, MO
    I don't recall n-track ever being free, and I've been a user since version 2. It doesn't crash overly often, but it always seemed to die on me just when I needed it most.

6. Ive used it before.

Its a good program, and most importantly not too much of a resource hog! Ive moved onto cubase since getting a firewire interface, but i couldnt use cubase before, yet ntrack worked fine.

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

n-track does have a free demo version where you can record up to a minute or something like that. I used it years ago when it first hit the scene. I do remember it crashing quite a bit but I was using Win98 back then too.

8. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    I recorded the better part of a CD using it. I had one or two crashes doing mixdowns, but I had a pretty weak computer at the time too. I haven't upgraded to v5 yet, or done much with my older version lately, but the parametric EQ plugin gets lots of use around here.

9. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    what does a parametric EQ plugin do, exactly?

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021