1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NAD Bye bye Orange hello Markbass!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Levin S, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Levin S

Levin S

Apr 21, 2007
    Charlotte N.C.
    So after using my Orange TB500 / Aguilar DB 210 rig for about two years, I decided I was in need I some new flavor.

My band recently added a keyboardist, so my needs for a more intuitive EQ section became a priority.

So out with the old...
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1363016387.326513.

And in with the new!!
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1363015789.563273.

I took the Orange rig to Guitar Center and traded it even for the Markbass combo. Believe it or not GC actually gave me exactly what I paid for each piece of gear, plus 10% off for putting the cash toward new gear from their store. They were really excited to buy the DB210. Like REALLY excited hahaha

I used the Markbass combo at a gig last Saturday, and it performed as advertised. My only gripe was the DI connection in the back, and the tweeter hiss. The tweeter hiss was easily dialed out with the VLE control, and given the combo's overall sound and portability, I think I can live with the DI location.

Cheers to TB for providing me all the reviews and commentary on the Markbass 121p combo, and helping me reach my tone goals :)