1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD Clarus S4+ and Genzler 12-3 SLT

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Jim Dedrick, May 19, 2018.

1. Jim Dedrick

Jim Dedrick Jim Dedrick Gold Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Port Deposit, MD

New amp delivered yesterday. So far it sounds awesome on my old Czek Ply with Helicores and a Realist Lifeline. Super clarity in all registers. Old amp, Rumble100, could not reproduce this level of clarity. Also hearing lots of growl up and down the neck where as before it was only evident in the lower registers. My Skjold 5 string Whale back with old SS strings also has lots more clarity. The Skjold does not have such a dramatic difference, as expected. When in active mode the slab has a bit of a buzz as I suspected the pre into the pre would be a little hot.

I bought this really by just taking a plunge and was looking to clear up my upper register on the DB as well as increase my volume. Also wanted to second channel for doubling. Hoping on some of the tight gigs I get can share amp with keyboard, guitar, or vocals to save space. Should be real nice with my DB vocal duo. I will give it a more detailed review after I get a chance to play a few gigs. So far, so good- huge overall sound improvement and volume increase while in the house. Let’s see what happens when drums and horns get put into the equation.

Jim

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  2. threetone

threetone

Sep 27, 2011
    Europe
    Congrats, The Clarus s4+ is a killer amp !

3. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    New amp delivered yesterday. So far it sounds awesome on my old Czek Ply with Helicores and a Realist Lifeline. Super clarity in all registers. Old amp, Rumble100, could not reproduce this level of clarity. Also hearing lots of growl up and down the neck where as before it was only evident in the lower registers. My Skjold 5 string Whale back with old SS strings also has lots more clarity. The Skjold does not have such a dramatic difference, as expected. When in Activu mode the slab has a bit of a buzz as I suspected the pre into the pre would be a little hot.

Very nice combintation of amp and cabinet. I've always liked the AI heads, the cabinets are an aquired taste. I get to hear them every other year at the ISB conventions. In a room with great acoustics they wonderful.
    On stages with wierd bass response the Ten2 seems to work better, where the single downfiring Contra really struggles to be heard in a trio or quartet. That linear array that your Genz Benz and my MAS 4x5 uses
    really gives the upper register of a Double Bass, great definition. Congrats.

Ric

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021