1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

NAD! GK MB212-II

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shawshank72, Feb 7, 2016.

1. I was once seriously considering the GK MB210 combo with the option for the 210MBE extension cab (now discontinued) as I always thought my ultimate rig would include 4 10's. But I have since learned the "2x12" would be a much more sensible approach for my purpose.

I'm with @twinjet in that I do prefer separate heads and cabs in order to keep everything modular and flexible.

My future (hopefully not too distant) rig: GK MB500/MB200 + GK Neo 112-II (x2, vertically stacked)

That said, there is nothing too shabby about the MB212-II combo. Congrats on your nice acquisition, @shawshank72 ! :thumbsup:

Mike A and shawshank72 like this.
  2. Jaycephas

Jaycephas Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Waxhaw, NC
    How does this combo handle the low B? I've been looking for 'lighter' and also want the vertical speaker array - this cab and the 212 extension look like they would cover everything I need, just need to make sure that the low B cuts through.

3. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Sorry, im just a four banger.

Jaycephas likes this.
  4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    My only concern is that I am running the 4ohm CX410, so I'd be going from 800 watts through 4 10s to 500 through 2 12s. Wondering how much I'd notice the decrease.

I assume it would be fine, but I'm kind of wondering this too.

5. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    In my situation i dont.
    If your maxxing out your amp when you play IMO you may well notice it.
    If your playing with plenty of headroom i would say no.
    All just my opinions.

6. Jaycephas

Jaycephas Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Waxhaw, NC
    I noticed that Norm Stockton used one of the combos. He's an MTD guy with a 5-string, so I would imagine that the low B is not an issue.

7. Although not quite the same I can tell you that the MB410-II easily handles a low B at any volume. Don't see why the MB212-II wouldn't either.

TD

Jaycephas likes this.
  8. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Even with the pad turned on I don't think I've ever turned the volume past 10 o clock. And that's never with my bass volume past 80%. It just has so much power. So yeah, I have plenty of headroom.

shawshank72 likes this.
  9. fjadams

fjadams

Jun 7, 2011
    Danbury, CT
    Good combos. I have mine sitting on top of a MBP115. Definitely loud enough for most any club you'd be playing at.

10. sonojono

sonojono Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Los Angeles/Riverside
    I can say the same thing with my Neo 112 cab in one hand and one bass on the other while the MBF500 amp is in the bass gig bag. YMMV.

shawshank72 likes this.
  11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021