1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Nadine's of Hollywood?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by canopener, Mar 23, 2004.

1. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
  2. Nadine's WAS a shop in Hollywood, by Santa Monica and Vine. They closed down for business in the late 1990s ('97 or '98 I believe). :bawl:

Sad, because I thought they were the best music store in town. Bass-wise, they had a small but respectable selection of Fenders, Music Mans, Steinbergers, etc. Also one of the few stores in town to sell Trace Elliot amps. I don't recall them having a luthier shop.

The building is still there, it still says "Nadine's Music" out in front but I think it's just a recording studio now.

:(

3. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Found this old thread. Nadine's was a great store back in the 80's. I purchased a Kubicki Ex-Factor from them. Real cheap too; wish I still had it. Nadine's was booming, before GC took over the retail land scape.

4. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I wonder if she knows Frederick.

5. pnutz

pnutz Supporting Member

whoa, had a huge flashback when i saw the title of this thread.

when i went to B.I.T. in 86-87, would stop by Nadine's at least once a week. had a very nice selection. was way into headless basses and their status collection was spot-on. shame to hear they went out of business.

don't remember them ever making their own basses...

6. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    ah, nadine's - that takes me back. i remember we'd always get their mailer just before the first of the month, and on the first all their specials would be sold out, and then you had to drive back out of that horrible driveway without having bought anything :D

99% sure they never made their own basses. i never saw them in the store or the catalog that i can recall... but i was a guitar player when they were still around.