Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jiro, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    Isn't Kaydence an awesome name for a girl? lol I dunno what would you name your kids if you were going to have some...
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I haven't decided for names (I don't even have a girlfriend right now), but I'd choose a name that's easy to spell (or hard to misspell), and is reasonably nickname-resistant.
  3. Kaydence... it's a wicked spelling. :D

I personally like these names:

Boys - Patrick, David, Peter, Ian, James, Michael.

Girls - Fiona, Kathryn, Lynn, Jane, Anne.
  4. Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    this is what i think so far for names haha...
    Boy - Carl, Bona, Darrius(or derrik?)
    Girl - Tegan, Kaydence, lara
  5. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Kaydence? DE-kaydence (/decadence) :D :D :D :D :smug:

Dance, Kaydence! :p :D :smug:

Any more ideas i can make fun of? :p

Cant you just give that child a normal name?
    (Luckily at least you havent started with Speshul and Unique... and its still better than Moon Unit...)
  6. jakepaul1

Jun 30, 2004
    My kids names are Jacob, Maisy and Charlotte...

Sucks to be you, eh? :D
  8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    We named our daughter Bella Grace.
  9. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    it is not a good name for a girl. it is very stupid. almost as stupid as people who choose 'unique' names for their kids, such as khrysthal, j'net, ashantaniqua, and yes, uneeque.

however none of those names are as bad as the name this 15 year old mother i know chose for her baby. 'cartier'. :meh:
  10. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Sophocles, Plato, Aristotle, Ptolemy
    Thelonius, Miles, Herbie

11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Boy: Sagan

Girl: Druyan

....brownie points to anyone that can figure out where they are both from, and how they're related. :)

Of course, these names will never be used, every time I have the "naming kids discussion" with a girl I'm dating, I give these names, and why, and am universally told, "Ugh, that sucks.". :p

As for names that probably would get used:

Boy: James, Samuel (my father's name)

Girl: Sarah, Barbara, Helen
  12. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    My kids are named Julia and Peter. Their mom is big on unique names, so Julia has two middle names and Peter's middle name is pretty uncommon (I'm hesitant to post their full name on the web - I don't know why) ...but anyway, if you want something unique or strange give them a unique middle name and a more traditional first name. That way, when they are older they can choose whether or not to use the strange name they have been tagged with and they don't have to go to kindergarten and spell some bizarre name that nobody's ever heard of.
  13. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    the astronomers carl sagan and ann druyan?

i read shadows of forgotten ancestors a little while ago ;)
  14. i've never been a fan of "cadence" for a name.

me: "ok. i get it. you like music. why didn't you name her 'fermata' or 'coda'?"

15. wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
  16. Dweezil and Amed... wait.. ah crap.

I like James. I would probably name a boy Iha or Corgan, maybe Marshall. Peavey just don't have the same ring to it...
  17. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
  18. wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    Great minds think alike, obviously. And the fact that I'm stuck up a tree with binoculars and a wireless-enabled laptop has nothing to do with it. Honest...
  19. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    my name is Frank - that Moon Unit is the daughter of another Frank - Zappa :ninja:
  20. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    bloody scots. always up trees with laptops they are :mad:

coming to our country, eating all our food.