1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAMM 19 (Roll call and Festivities)

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by TonyP-, Nov 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    Hello Folks...
    So its getting to be that time of year?

Chime in...
    Who is going?
    What Booth you are you working (if you are)?
    Ect...

I will be posting later on some of the hangs going on...But for now Cheers...

;):bassist::)

2. TBPlayerOC

TBPlayerOC

Oct 17, 2013
    Orange, CA
    Hey Tony, I will be there as a visitor and I plan to take a lot of pictures this year :laugh:

TonyP- likes this.
  3. DrewinHouston

DrewinHouston Not currently practicing Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Houston Heights, Texas
    Disclosure: I am not a great bass player
    I'm going all day Friday and Saturday, we're just going to be walking around drooling on everything.

TBPlayerOC likes this.
  4. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    I'll be around! Just exploring. I'll be wearing a talkbass shirt at least one of the days there, feel free to say hi!

TonyP- likes this.
  5. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    This event is going to be slamming on Friday night...Home to the old Bass Bash

Tsunami Bass Hang.

DrewinHouston likes this.
  6. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Is that another event apart from BassBash?

TonyP- likes this.
  7. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Yes actually
    I played the Bass Bash last year and this is a more slightly laid back version that is free.

8. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    7C991A60-FA6A-4BE0-936E-CD8F861A2B11.

BassCliff likes this.
  9. BluesyCat

BluesyCat I'm irresistible. Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Torrance, California
    Staff: Bass Gear Magazine
    I’ll be there with Bass Gear Magazine team as usual every year! And at the bass bash events. This year, I won’t have a cast on my left wrist!

Attached Files:

TonyP- likes this.
  10. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I’ll be there.

11. kohanmike

kohanmike Gold Supporting Member

I'm going on Sunday as a guest of my younger brother's audio accessory company Bright Star Audio, roaming the day on my Immotor stand-up mobility scooter since I have trouble walking long distances. Going to concentrate on the ukulele booths, plus Phil Jones, Pat Wilkins, Kala and any other place that shows under 24" scale basses.

12. JKos

JKos

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    I should be there Sunday.

- John

13. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    GHS 19.

BassCliff and BluesyCat like this.
  14. TBPlayerOC

TBPlayerOC

Oct 17, 2013
    Orange, CA
    Since I am local, I decided to pick up my badge today. I didn't want to deal with the long lines on Thursday. Was in and out in 10 minutes.

15. NAMM needs to change to a consumer show, if not just for a portion of the days. There's no way to demo much of anything in the LGS anymore. The Internet has changed the retail landscape permanently, for better or worse. I'm buying strings and pickups blind now.

16. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    See you out there! For those of you not attending, we will be posting pics/videos over at bassgearmag.com and on Facebook.

BluesyCat and jwindham like this.
  17. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Anyone wants to hook up Thurs or Friday PM here and we’ll exchange contact info.

I’m doing lighting design and rigging classes in the mornings, floor after that.

Staying at the Wyndham SNA well out of the war zone ;-)