Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

nathan east

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by VIHBASS, Jun 30, 2004.

1. i saw eric clapton at madison square garden last night,Nathan East played exactly what was needed for every tune,what a great show,Clapton was great also what a line up he has on tour with him,recomend seeing the tour if you have an oppurtunity
    peace
    frank

2. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    He is one of my favorite bass players for that exact reason. I would love to see the concert if it comes around here.

3. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Nathan East is my hero bass player. It is my dream to have his chops and his excellent taste. No matter what he plays, be it for Eric Clapton, Four Play or whoever else, he plays the right bassline every time. Yet he is never a showoff. I really admire his work and have for years.

4. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida

Thats one thing I really admired about him too. His stage presence. He never really hammed it up and showed off. He was a real cool cat. Oh yeah, he's got a pretty good voice too.

5. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    same here. he's one of my all time favorites as well. I loved the EC live show from LA so much I had to buy it on DVD...and Nathan is so rock solid on it.

6. Nathan East is the man. He can play just about anything he wants to!
    i love his work with clapton, but i don't really like when clapton plays cream stuff with east on bass, i guess i still have a loyalty to jack bruce! Bruce just has a certain edginess to his sound with Cream, that i think East doesn't have. But with all the other songs, East is the man!

Charlie

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    East rules. RULES! I saw him with Fourplay in San Diego, but before Fourplay went on, he and his brothers James and Marcel (and maybe David) came out and jammed for a half hour. The whole family's like that.

8. odie

odie Supporting Member

Thanx Cass!! Off to bassists.

9. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Got to see him do a clinic in LA a couple weeks ago,, great player!
    ....also met him briefly, very nice guy.

10. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I was there too. He just makes it all seem so easy.

His career is going great, but I'd love to see him with some really heavy jazz/fusion guy, like a Chick Corea or a John McLaughlin. That would be awesome.

11. Did you happen to catch robert randolph opening up for clapton?

12. i missed robert randolph,i got stuck in traffic for over an hour trying to get into the city,i was really disapointed because i was really wanting to catch him ,the band i play in our guitar player plays lap steel now,he recently switched from a strat, Robert Rabdolph is one of fav bands i am constantly listening and learning his material Danyell Morgan is great on bass also

13. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

When he was younger, he was deep into the fusion scene. Check out this resume'

And I have him on some jazz stuff that's not even mentioned.

14. thats incredible
    peace
    frank