1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD, 1996 Squier jazz bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KyleTheNewGuy, Nov 18, 2019.

1. KyleTheNewGuy

KyleTheNewGuy

Nov 11, 2019
    so it’s finally here, my first bass.
    First impressions, it’s a heavy bugger, and it needs a proper setup, however its pretty solid so far, beck feels great, couple of battle scars but nothing too bad, colours a lot darker in person, I haven’t plugged it in yet, so I suppose we’ll see how good it sounds. But overall I’m stoked
    683F8143-0E20-4E81-A187-83DED8EB518B.jpeg BDA5F979-5FB5-4518-A28B-571540203AA5.jpeg 60DDFA0B-21BE-44C0-BC18-2CD170E40D66.jpeg
    Oh, and either the pickguard or the control plate are off, they’re not flush. I’ll be swapping those Strat knobs ASAP too

JRA and alanloomis1980 like this.
  2. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

it looks like the straight business! glad you like it --- glad you're "stoked!" congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

KyleTheNewGuy likes this.
  3. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    Looks like they used a Fender jazz pickguard with a Squier control plate. So you can either get a Fender metal plate (may have to drill new holes as the holes won't line up) or get a Squier pickguard. On a Squier jazz bass I had a while back, I switched the metal plate as I had a few Fender pickguards I could use.

4. Nice! I have a 2005 Squier P bass in about the same color. I’d be fixing the control plate/pickguard straight away, that would drive me nuts.

enjoy! :D

5. KyleTheNewGuy

KyleTheNewGuy

Nov 11, 2019
    I actually think it’s the other way round, the pickguard looks alright, it looks like the control plates a few mm too big.
    Not a huge deal though, my first change was always going to be the pickguard and controls