NBD.. American Ultra Mocha Burst P

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TimboZ, Jan 18, 2021.

1. TimboZ

TimboZ

Jan 4, 2009
    South of Buffalo
    Went to the House Of Guitars in Rochester Saturday and came home with a Fender America Ultra Mocha Burst P-Bass.

Love the H.O.G. Every bass I have purchased from them they have given me a sweet deal. Well under MSRP.

Have not had a lot of time to play around with it yet.
    I did do a small tweak to the truss rod when I got home and it plays awesome.

I did get a set of flats thrown in on the deal but not sure if I am going to put them on.

I do see in some google images of this bass that shows a C.O.A. with it. I did not have one in the case. Is a C.O.A. standard with an American Ultra series? I thought Fender only supplied them with custom and mod shop interments.
    20210116_112230.jpg 20210116_183121.jpg

Shaggai, Eric I, picnic01 and 31 others like this.
  2. It should've came with a clear plastic bag containing the C.O.A. and tools and a booklet and a sticker.
    This might be a dumb question, but did you check the storage compartment in the case? If you didn't get all that stuff you should go back to the store and see if they have it. All the American Series Basses come with a C.O.A.

TimboZ and EatS1stBassist like this.
  3. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Actually it is a Black Zippered Pouch that has the case keys and adjusting tools in it that also has the C.O.A in it . Should be in the storage compartment under then neck support area. The Ultras and the Pro II's have these pouches. I have a Mocha Burst Ultra Jazz V

Thundertips and TimboZ like this.
  4. TimboZ

TimboZ

Jan 4, 2009
    South of Buffalo
    Yrs. I did get all the other goodies including the straplocka, Wondering if they could have given me the wrong case. I will send them an email asking if they can find the C.O.A.

Will not having the C.O.A. hurt resale value if I decide to sell the base in the future?

20210118_182057.jpg

5. TrevorG

TrevorG Gold Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2012
    U.K.
    Be surprised if no COA affected resale but it's nice to have. Congrats by the way. The Mocha is so sexy! I've had mine just over a year and haven't put it down.

TimboZ likes this.
  6. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    In my experience most people don't even ask for the COA when Buying a used bass. It should not make any difference in the resale Value. But as said above it is nice to have just in case. I have only had my Mocha burst for a couple months it has the best 34"Bstring I have ever had including my Roscoe Beck V.

TimboZ likes this.
  7. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Nice! Chocolatyliciousness. Enjoy!

TimboZ likes this.
  8. misterCRUSH

misterCRUSH It's all jazz...it's ALL jazz...

Dec 27, 2015
    Arkansas
    That's a VERY nice bass!!

Killing Floor and TimboZ like this.
  9. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

"mocha burst" --- looks great! glad that it plays awesome, and i know you're going to have lots of options with that configuration. congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

Killing Floor and TimboZ like this.
  10. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Inactive Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    She’s puuuurdyyy!!

TimboZ likes this.
  11. stretch80

stretch80

Jan 31, 2005
    Nice. Fender should make a 5 string version of this bass IMHO ;-)

awakefie likes this.
  12. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Super Beautiful!

TimboZ likes this.
  13. lermgalieu

lermgalieu Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Bay Area
    Nice one

TimboZ likes this.
  14. You should've been given the inspection tag, too. I guess that's it hanging off the tuning key? I keep all my inspection tags. Is that weird? Haha.
    Not having the C.O.A. shouldn't hurt the resale value, but you might get some buyers that won't buy it without it cuz of all the trouble with counterfeit Basses. Personally, if I saw that Bass, I would know it's a real Fender. It's awesome! I love all the control capabilities on it. I can't see a counterfeit being that beautiful!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    TimboZ likes this.
  15. mildbill

mildbill Gold Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Veazie, Me
    Congrats! That is a outstanding looking bass! Check between the pages of the manual. I just bought a Professional Series P and my COA fell out from the manual's pages. Enjoy your new low end goodness!

TimboZ likes this.
  16. How do you adjust the truss rod on those...I thought they had a wheel at the bottom....do you need to loosen the neck to adjust?

17. It adjusts at the body. There's a hole in the pickguard. Sorry, I forgot that you do have to loosen the neck to adjust those ones...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  18. yeah...because with the vintage style ones like my Nate Mendel or the USA Geddy etc....got to loosen the neck and pop it out about halfway...no way around it...PIA...but the vintage style fenders including the 70s Jazz are all awesome ...so worth a little hassle now and then.

Thundertips likes this.
  19. TimboZ

TimboZ

Jan 4, 2009
    South of Buffalo
    No need to take off the pick guard. I just used the T-Handel Allen wrench that came with the Bass and tightened it up about 3/4 turn and neck relief was where I wanted it.

Thundertips likes this.
  20. TimboZ

TimboZ

Jan 4, 2009
    South of Buffalo
    Yes that is the inspection tag hanging on the bass with the correct SN. I did email them to see if they can locate the C.O.A. I have not got a reply yet.
    I know it is a real Fender and New as I was able to register it with Fender and all the plastic was still on the pick guard, pickups and tuners.
    I will not be too upset if they can not locate the C.O.A as I got the bass for $1,700 out the door with a set of flat wounds. I did not need another bass so I gave them a price I was willing to pay and they accepted my offer.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2021