NBD: Atelier Z M285, 6-string Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cardinal, Apr 28, 2019.

1. cardinal

cardinal

Jan 13, 2016
    I don’t see many of these, particularly in the US, so thought I’d post it up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    34” scale, 19mm spacing.

Vol Vol Treble Bass. Preamp seems to be boost only, and pulling on the Bass knob bypasses it.

I’m not at all an accomplished bassist, but I really like it. Fretwork is very good. Fit and finish is top notch. Weight is very reasonable.

Kinda wish the pickups were noise canceling, but they sound nice to me.

TolerancEJ and bassgus like this.
  2. cardinal

cardinal

Jan 13, 2016
    One other thing that might be worth mentioning is that the neck is wide. In addition to the 19mm spacing, you can see that there’s a comfortable amount of room to the outside of the strings. Some other 6-strings, like the Performance YB-6, look to have much narrower necks. The YB-6 I think is a 18mm spacing and the strings run much closer to the edge.

I bought some tort material to cut a new pickguard, but I’m not sure what I’ll end up liking the most. Probably will try out black and maybe an off-white pearloid too just to see. It seems a bit too plain with the clear guard and control plate. Probably will get a chrome control plate too.

And one more pic, this with the Madison Square Basement rig
    CFCC71-E9-9621-4-C9-B-B837-12-E88-A6-EED47.jpg

BAESSIST-Z and jebmd like this.
  3. Beautiful! For what it's worth, I like the clear guard showing the wood grain.

srayb and cardinal like this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021