1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD: Buckeye content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eottjake, May 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. eottjake

eottjake

Jan 30, 2009
    Middletown, Ohio
    FINALLY

I've been impatient. I ordered my first custom from Oscar Prat last year and I finally got to pick it up yesterday (why take a chance on UPS if you don't have to).

MBS-V 6
    Walnut body
    Buckeye burl top, headstock, and pup covers
    Ebony knobs and nut
    Ziricote fretboard*
    Padauk 3 piece neck
    Nordstrand DCs with Noll TCM3 (with active/passive toggle and passive tone roll-off)
    34" scale, 17mm spacing

My first impressions after playing through my amp were positive. It plays super fast and it's got a ton of tone options to it. I've been trying to figure out how to get certain sounds I'm used to from my mtd, and I'm finding myself able to do more than I could before.

Reaching the highest frets is a little difficult without changing my hand position due to the built-on configuration. It's doable for sure, and it will just take some getting used to.

This thing SINGS. Higher register soloing/chording sounds so nice on here

I know I'm in the honeymoon phase, but I can't put it down. Literally on my lap as I watch TV
    IMAG0615. IMAG0617.

Attached Files:

2. eottjake

eottjake

Jan 30, 2009
    Middletown, Ohio
    Anyone familiar with Tru oil? I haven't had a bass with this finish before, so not sure how to maintain it. Oscar said wax maybe twice a year, but I've never done this.