NBD. Can I just say .....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blackbird SR71, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Blackbird SR71

Blackbird SR71

Jul 31, 2021
    Nice to be here. I am NOT a bass player {guitar, yes}, but have wanted a "Beatle Bass" since Feb. 9, 1964. I've owned 3 Hofner HI-459 six strings and have been blown away by their quality.
    While I would have liked the "real McCoy", I couldn't justify $350 for an Ignition bass. Say what you will, whether Ignition, Jay Turser or Rogue, a Chinese bass is, fundamentally, a Chinese bass. New Rogues are on backorder, so a used {ahem, pre-owned ;) } one was in order. Found one right here in N.H. and, for $170, I think it's a steal.
    From a strictly aesthetic standpoint, it's amazing that the Rogue looks like the $400 bass and the Ignition looks like the $220 one. Flamed maple back AND front, bound neck, the thing is gorgeous. The frets are perfect, the cheap squiggle tailpiece will be replaced and I've got teacups if I need 'em. It feels and seems to be as good as my former Hofners, fit and finish are 9.5 out of 10. I've seen that my Rogue and the current Tursers are the same guitar, just re-badged. no question about that.
    Again, great to be here and look forward to the pix and wisdom found here. Rogue Hofner.jpg

2. CletusMarley

CletusMarley Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Congrats! Welcome!

3. Blackbird SR71

Blackbird SR71

Jul 31, 2021
    Thank you!

4. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Kewl handle, kewl bass! :cool:

Blackbird SR71 likes this.
  5. Blackbird SR71

Blackbird SR71

Jul 31, 2021
    Thanks on both counts. We were stationed at the Blackbird's home, Beale A.F.B. in the late 60's. Used to see her all the time, most amazing craft made by man.

bholder likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 16, 2021