1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD..caution big and pointy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by therev, Jul 30, 2012.

1. therev

therev

Apr 28, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    I traded my Ibanez GSR 200 to a kid for this. Its a BC Rich Warlock Platinum. This thing has some meat to it. Its has twin p style pick ups and a toggle switch. I have never played a bass with so much meat to it.

My how my tastes have changed over the years, I used to think these pointy things were ugly and now I think they are cool.
    I also used to hate Thunderbirds, Ibanez, and Olp/ musicman , Now I love all of them and own each one as well. What used to sound bad to me now sounds good.

Be careful you don't poke your eye out when looking at the pic. lol

Attached Files:

2. bigmuff113

bigmuff113

Jul 4, 2012
    San Antonio
    That hurt...

3. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    beautiful, and I also like pointies :)

IMAG0718.

4. I love me some warlock. My first bass was the cheap bronze series. Still an awesome bass though. I still use it today. I did a fretless job on her and some people still can't believe I have a fretless warlock. It's not the most tradtional fretless haha.

5. therev

therev

Apr 28, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    I have to get a case for it. Is that a standard hardshell case you have yours in or some kind of extra wide case for the pointy ones?

6. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    just a picture to show how much bigger it is compared to a standard case.... this is a 1985 Takamine GB400.