1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD - Fender Flea Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SafeHands83, Jan 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. So this just arrived!!!

New Fender Flea Jazz Bass. I'm so happy with it. It looks, plays and sound amazing. It has everything that you want in a vintage bass. The vintage '64 single-coil pickups are superb and the neck plays like hot silk. I'm a very happy boy.

*On a side note, my wife thinks its bloody awful and asked was I selling one of my other basses now that I have a new one... I nearly bust out laughing at that one 20180111_205844.

Linnin, ElBarto, 2cooltoolz and 17 others like this.
  2. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Congratulations. That bass looks fantastic. Maybe you can treat us to a few sound clips.

gypsyfelon and SafeHands83 like this.
  3. jcsk8

jcsk8

Feb 15, 2013
    Brazil
    She was wrong twice!
    Nice bass, man.

4. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    Congrats, those are very nice jazz basses!

I had one too and my gf absolutely hated it as well lol. Ended up selling it because jazz isn't really my thing, but it was a super nice jazz.

SafeHands83 likes this.
  5. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY Supporting Member

The hearts on the drawer caught me eye. The bottom one said “a home is made of love and dreams” Seems she’s providing the dream end of the bargain. “Sell”; aahahahaha, ahaha, heh heh aha ahem.

Pbassmanca and SafeHands83 like this.
  6. Yeah if I get some time over the weekend I'll try and get a clip up.

Bassist30 likes this.
  7. Didnt have the guts to tell her how much it really cost, so I told her I got it really cheap because it was damaged!!!!

Sumaru, JakeyBran, porterbass and 6 others like this.
  8. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

cool! congrats on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

let us know how that turns out! :roflmao:

SafeHands83 and Bassist30 like this.
  9. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Very nice, Congrats!

SafeHands83 likes this.
  10. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY Supporting Member

Looks so good and I’ve gas for one now, thanks. She’ll pink looks great road worn. Glad it doesn’t have the horrible cigarette burn the regular road worn models l do; they should drop that detail from the line.

SafeHands83 likes this.
  11. Pbassmanca

Pbassmanca Heavily favouring the neck pickup... Supporting Member

Bahahahahahaha! That's the best thing I've seen on Talkbass all year! :D :thumbsup:

SafeHands83, Sumaru and porterbass like this.
  12. FenderB

FenderB Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Findlay, Ohio
    Sell one of your other basses because you got this one....ha,ha,ha...boy that's a good one.
    Congrats.

SafeHands83 likes this.
  13. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    I’ve been on the fence for awhile on this bass!

14. twinjet

twinjet What does God need with a starship?

Sep 23, 2008
    I've played one. Good instrument. Enjoy.

SafeHands83 likes this.
  15. Congrats on your new axe. Enjoy. I love the Shell Pink. I think the relic is a bit over the top but I understand it's patterned after a real vintage bass. I think these are really cool and I want one.
    I finally saw and played one of these in a store the other day. I wanted to love it but didn't. Part of the problem was lack of setup. Big surprise right? It wasn't light over 9 lbs my guess, maybe 9 1/2.
    The neck was not as nicely worn/reliced as my RW P. The neck finish actually felt a little sticky.
    As it was I wouldn't buy it. However I'd love to try one with a sanded neck that was lighter and set up well through my rig. Tone wise, sounded like a jazz, nothing out of the ordinary but again music store thru a Rumble 100 IIRC. So I wasn't impressed by the pickups or really could tell much about them. In retrospect my take away was that my Fender MIM "60's" Jazz Bass they made a few years ago is as good or better and it's lighter and the neck feels fantastic. So for the time being I'll just keep the Jazz I've got until I stumble on a nicer one. I do still want one, haha, and need one to match my Shell Pink Precision.

SafeHands83 likes this.
  16. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Played one of these at Long & McQuade yesterday, and was blown away. Easily the nicest Jazz neck I’ve ever had my hands on. I’m normally a P guy, but I’d drop money on that baby in a heart beat - if I had any!