NBD - Fender Urge II

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Leon Ellerton, Jan 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Leon Ellerton

Leon Ellerton

Dec 10, 2019
    I've wanted one of these for years since I first saw Stu Hamm soloing on a grainy YouTube video - finally got my hands on one and it's everything I hoped it would be!

Asymmetric neck feels great, once i've lowered the action it'll fly.

20200117_165300.jpg

nonohmic, Shaggai, tindrum and 6 others like this.
  2. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Would love to eventually own one of those!!

Three volume knobs and one tone knob, right?

Leon Ellerton and nixdad like this.
  3. Leon Ellerton

Leon Ellerton

Dec 10, 2019
    Nope, from top to bottom: master volume, dynamic selector (pick up config), bass and treble boost/ cut, middle and then selector switch. You can basically have any combo of the pickups on or off. I'm still getting my head around it

4. JIO

JIO Connery... Sean Connery Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    The Mission SF/CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    By asymmetric neck do you mean it's like an airplane wing where it tapers at the D/G side? I had a couple 5'r necks made for me like that.

5. JIO

Jun 30, 2010
    The Mission SF/CA
    By asymmetric neck do you mean it's like an airplane wing where it tapers at the D/G side? I had a couple 5'r necks made for me like that.

6. Leon Ellerton

Leon Ellerton

Dec 10, 2019
    Yep that's it, it's not massively pronounced but I really like the feel, one of the quickest necks I've played.

7. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nice score!

Leon Ellerton likes this.
  8. JIO

Jun 30, 2010
    The Mission SF/CA
    I didn't know Fender ever did that on a 4 string which is a really nice feature. :thumbsup:

9. Leon Ellerton

Leon Ellerton

Dec 10, 2019
    Someone far more educated than me on Fender would probably be able to tell you if there were others, I know there are other manufacturers that do it - think the new Sire V10 also has a similar neck profile

10. JIO

Jun 30, 2010
    The Mission SF/CA
    It's usually done on a 5-6 string to help with the wider neck and was usually not something a Fender or Gibson would do. (other than in their custom shops)

11. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    Sweet.:woot:

12. nilorius

nilorius Inactive

Oct 27, 2016
    Riga - Latvia
    No problems if you like it, but i don't like this pickup combination, p - out.

13. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2003
    New York City, NY
    Congrats! I had one for a while and it's a very nice bass. Yes, excellent neck profile, well put together. I liked that Fender made the effort to not only balance the pickup outputs, but retained the P bass/J bass tonality. It can get a pretty true sound of either one and either P/J sounds good as well. I liked using all of them!

I flipped it because I already have several P and J basses and didn't really need another that did both.
    Enjoy it!

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021