1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Frankenslab Precision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MADChuudoku, Mar 12, 2016.

1. been waiting to get this one together for a while now, just picked it up after leaving with my "go to" luthier/tech man

this was put together to be the ultimate touring workhorse, for gig after gig after gig.

Slab Precision Bass body (quite light, parted out from someones bass who had created a fully faithful tribute to the old fender slab precisions, but then parted it out after acquiring an original, if i remember correctly) neck pocket had been widened for the previous neck, so has a bit of a gap, but its only cosmetic and i kind of like the janky look.

original oldschool (i believe) fender precision pickguard with the metal plate underneath.

Dimarzio DP122 model p pickups, mid heavy p bass pickups - the only type i play
    pickups are wired straight to volume (no tone control) and then to jack.

Leo Quan Badass II bass bridge - i have these on all of my basses, this is the type with the pre slotted saddles.

Limelight medium relic 75' style jazz bass neck, rosewood fret board with block inlays and fretboard binding

reverse tuners - i don't think they would've been standard on this neck, but its something i much prefer.

15fndys.
    4twod3.
    m8zo7a.
    beskd3.

2. Not a fan of slab bodies but damn, I can't deny how beautiful that looks!

P. Aaron likes this.
  3. fretno

fretno

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Yeah that is a real fine slab !

4. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Slab O Fun!

5. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Just a volume knob? Wow! You are a purist! Looks like something that fell off the tailgate of Duck Dunn's van. Absolutely love it!

Play it well! :thumbsup:

MADChuudoku likes this.
  6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Sweet.!!!

7. Thanks guys! I'm loving it, easiest bass to play I've ever encountered

8. Way cool. Love the looks of it. Perfect warhorse look. If it were mine, would have put the cream color cover on the pickup. Just because I'm old enough to remember when that was it for DiMarzio.

MADChuudoku likes this.
  9. MRDOOM

MRDOOM

Jul 16, 2009
    Utah
    Looks sick. You did a great job.

MADChuudoku likes this.