1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD: Italia Maranello - blue sparkle!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by spindoc, Aug 4, 2012.

1. spindoc

spindoc

Sep 4, 2011
    ZOING!!

Attached Files:

2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Dude! Where's my pic?!

3. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    No pics = you are playing air bass on a tennis racket.

4. spindoc

spindoc

Sep 4, 2011
    Try a refreshing refresh - pics are up.

5. That is spectacular! I don't normally use that word, but that bass warranted the use.

Congratulations! Two things:

1) Cool control cover!
    2) Good background choice!

6. Barca_bass

Barca_bass

May 22, 2011
    The headstock and hardware are a nice combination. Congrats on a beautiful bass. Sound clips?

7. PBnJBassist

PBnJBassist

Mar 8, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Woah... Oh, my... That bass is beautiful!! Congrats!!

8. spindoc

spindoc

Sep 4, 2011
    Thanks guys. Sorry, no sound clips. Loving the tone. Strong low mids, but clean. You can add in the bridge pickup for some nice burp.

9. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Dec 23, 2006
    SoCal
    Spindoc - nice bass! I think you mentioned you purchased it from a company I was looking at buying a bass from but had never heard of before. Did the transaction go ok and would you buy from them again? If so, I may jump in with a purchase of one of their instruments as well.
    Again, nice bass, very unique finish and look. Can't wait to hear how it sounds, you don't see many (or any) of these anywhere else.

10. spindoc

spindoc

Sep 4, 2011
    Hey GBass - yeah, great transaction with Elevation Music. I posted something about it yesterday on the thread you started about them. What are you thinking of getting from them?

11. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    That there is some series Blue Sparkle! Must look awesome under stage lights!

12. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Dec 23, 2006
    SoCal
    That's great news. I was kicking around the idea of getting one of the Italia Sitar guitars for a project I'm working on. Looks kinda fun and interesting.

13. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    attachment.

I'm having a sparkle attack... which of my basses do I send to Marty Bell?

14. spindoc

spindoc

Sep 4, 2011
    Them are cool. That YouTube demo with the guy playing "Paint It, Black" and "Behind the Sun" makes me wish I could play like that.

15. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Dec 23, 2006
    SoCal
    Not saying I can play like that, but it's easier than it looks with the right guitar. A lot of the sound you hear is a drone or symathetic string ringing out which is relatively effortless and really adds a lot of "fill" to the overall sound.

16. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    Man I like those sparkles. I have a Carlo Robelli Silver Sparkle 8 String that I like. The DiPinto's are nice too. Congrats.

17. woodyng

woodyng

Dec 19, 2007
    Oregon coast
    Very cool bass,what do think of the overall quality? It looks very well made to me,especially for the $. I have a korean made Danelectro Hodad bass,and it has been quite reliable,and fun to play.

18. Congrats! I used to have one of these in silver sparkle. Nice basses, solid build.

19. Joe Murray

Joe Murray

May 14, 2008
    Fairfax, VA
    What's the weight like on that beauty?

20. spindoc

spindoc

Sep 4, 2011
    Thanks. Wow, I hadn't seen the DiPintos before your mention of them. They seem like the American counterpart of Italia - retro-inspired with modern components, plenty of style slathered on, made in Korea and moderately priced.