1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD Music Man Bongo HS 6 Honey Roasted PDN

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TolerancEJ, May 29, 2017.

1. A Bongo 6 had been among my top 3-4 of my wish list for a long time. Today I got to check that item on my list.

This Honey Roasted finish was my favourite PDN offering over the years. I would have preferred a HH model but I found this HS model online last week and it was already located in Canada, Avenue Guitars in Edmonton, Alberta. The bass had been sitting in their inventory as old-new stock. The bass never left their store. I decided to spring for it.

Pictures are fine but I have to say the finish and the roasted neck looks even better when you're actually holding it. The pick guard isn't dirty. That's just the appearance of the plastic film.
    619B3E3D-78C8-4D4F-A012-7CD5CBF2B623_zpsfuekxev3.jpg
    8E221FE1-91A9-4E25-92BA-ACE3FC874B64_zps4aqzzbv6.jpg
    F12156B0-C501-4A35-A75B-5534FB5A7B37_zpsm3bzhhui.jpg
    0BCCA5AE-87B1-42DA-9B1A-63FB36C1691F_zpss8i5iuse.jpg
    I didn't have much time to play around with it yet, but it has a wide range of tone available.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    JeroB666, 96Brigadier, muggsy and 4 others like this.
  2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Now that is an awesome bass!

fender68, Edmang and TolerancEJ like this.
  3. Congrats on your new bass! I have the same one but is HH. It is a monster of an instrument and has been my main bass for 5 years. Enjoy!

TolerancEJ likes this.
  4. 96Brigadier

96Brigadier Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Canada
    Congratulations, great score! Bongos are an amazing bass, love my four stringers!

TolerancEJ likes this.
  5. vinnie6

vinnie6

Dec 25, 2011
    IL
    Congrats! You will love the tone flexibility. Did you request dot inlays versus half moons?

TolerancEJ likes this.
  6. JeroB666

JeroB666

Dec 22, 2012
    Canada
    I have 2 bongos and can't get enough of them!

Let me know when you want to part with this beauty ;)

TolerancEJ likes this.
  7. I would have preferred the half-moon inlays, but I didn't really have a choice in the matter. This bass was already in the store's inventory.

8. Sweet, I have a PDN 4 String and a Bongo 6 (but just a standard one) if I could mesh the 2 together id want it to look just like that one. Congrats!

Pretty sure all PDN ones came with dots-Kinda prefer the dots myself.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 2, 2020