1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Ric 4003 Jetglow.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Anthony Barrett, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Always been a Fender man. Recently got the itch for a Ric. After watching some vids of Foxton, McCartney, et al, decided to go for it. Man, I know these things are a love/hate thing, but count me in the "love" camp. Tone to die for through my Walkabout
    head and Mesa Powerhouse 2x10 and 1x15.

Beautiful fit and finish, amazing resonance and sustain. I still love my CS Fender P, but class me as a convert!. Will post some pics later. :bassist: PICS NOW BELOW!

2. Congrats Anthony. I bought a new FG 4003 this year too, and I love it. I know there are those who love and hate Rics, and that really doesn't concern me; each is entitled to their opinion. I am in the same camp as you are.
    John Sr.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    A true classic, congrats. And a great amp/spkrs to show what it can do- love the Ric/Walkabout sound- again, a classic.

4. Congrats Mr. Barrett! I'm looking forward to those photos.

5. Thanks Man. I gotta say that my WA with the Ric sounds better than I have ever heard it. I tried a couple of Rics yesterday through and Ampeg SVT tube set up and 8x10. Don't get me wrong, that was a fab sound and set-up, but through my Mesa rig...Whoa!!!

6. Here's some (rather festive) snaps of my Ric... That bloody snowman in the background has his eye on it already...

DSC_0328.

DSC_0327.

DSC_0322.

7. Beautiful bass! Congrats!

8. Looking great man. Thanks for the pics and enjoy your new bass!