1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD: Rockbass Corvette $$

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by El Spearo, Mar 27, 2013.

1. El Spearo

El Spearo

Jun 12, 2012
    Wellington, NZ
    Hullo fellow TBers! today I picked up my new bass, a Warwick Rockbass Corvette $$. It is passive, and trans red. i haven't started playing it yet, i need to set it up properly and then I'll start shedding!

anyway, here's the pics :bassist::

thanks for reading!:hyper:

2. El Spearo

El Spearo

Jun 12, 2012
    Wellington, NZ
    Had to upload from tapatalk, I couldn't get the links to work. Cheers

6apy2a8y.

qu8y9ute.

3. El-Bob

El-Bob Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    Nice! How do you fine the tone? That thing sure is a looker!

4. El Spearo

El Spearo

Jun 12, 2012
    Wellington, NZ
    Thanks! I've just started setting it up, the set up (or lack thereof) form the shop was awful. i have just adjusted the truss rod, and about to start on intonation, action and pick up height. I'll let you know how it goes.

5. Played one of those a few months back and they're super-hot. Shop didn't have a 5er so I ended up with the Streamer with twin soapbars. Still beefy, but not quite as much as the $$ Vette. Love the finish too :)

6. TheAnalogKid

TheAnalogKid Yer Doin' GREAT!!!!

Dec 7, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Hey, if you are going to start shedding, maybe see a doctor or something...

(light laughter...crickets chirping)

Hey, but seriously (adjusts tie and collar nervously a'la Rodney Dangerfield) ya got yerself a real nice bass over here !! I saw one in an ad that was some kind of blue/turquoise; t'was a Corvette Standard, though. I just melted seeing that...went completely meshuggener!

7. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Congrats on new bass. Bummer setup out of box was lousy.

8. El Spearo

El Spearo

Jun 12, 2012
    Wellington, NZ
    Hahaha! TAK, judging by the state of my dome, I think I've done my fair share of shedding! ;)

9. El Spearo

El Spearo

Jun 12, 2012
    Wellington, NZ
    Thanks mate, it's not bad tho, it will give me an excuse to spend the next four or five days setting it up. That's how long my wife has been told it takes. :)

10. El-Bob

El-Bob Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    Setups are always bad out of the box. Getting it tweaked to your own specs is all part of the game! :D

11. El Spearo

El Spearo

Jun 12, 2012
    Wellington, NZ
    does anyone know what size allen key to use for truss rod adjustments?

cheers

12. actually its not supposed to be bad out of the box, it goes thru Warwick Germany before being shipped out and set up when it's there. ah well, it gets outta whack in the box.
    I wanna $$ Corvette..someday. But my buddy in Mexico just got a $$ 4 string and it sounded good in his video. He covered Nightwish: The Siren.

13. Warwicks should come with a bag o' goodies including a big loop-handled trus rod.

14. I just figured you meant "woodshedding".

-NT

15. El Spearo

El Spearo

Jun 12, 2012
    Wellington, NZ

that's what I thought, but they told me in the store that only German made ones come with it

That's what I meant :)

17. El Spearo

El Spearo

Jun 12, 2012
    Wellington, NZ
    Mmh. Maybe I need to hit them up about the truss rod tool at least... I will try to contact Warwick and see what they say. Maybe it got lost in transit

18. I played one of those at GC once. I liked it. It was CHEAP compared to my German 'vette, and I nearly took it home. Those things through an SVT (both the rockbass and the original German version) are killer.

I love them with the black matte finish best.

Good choice!

19. Ian_Flash

Ian_Flash

Jan 17, 2013
    It's about time they upgraded the Rockbass closer to the German Warwicks.

20. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User

Jul 29, 2010
    Downstate CA
    Also posted in the WTB, but I'm looking for a black, bass side tuner for a Warwick if anyone has one. If so, please PM!