1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: Squier Classic Vibe Bass VI

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lizardking837, May 13, 2019.

1. lizardking837

lizardking837

Jan 28, 2009
    A few weeks ago I preordered a bass that I had been GASing for since my High School days.

On Wednesday I got the email saying it had arrived and on Saturday my better half and I made the trip to bring it home.

20190511_145425.jpg 20190513_113858.jpg

LoveJackBruce, tindrum, Duder and 6 others like this.
  2. gomania16

gomania16

Jan 24, 2009
    Well, lets see it. Congrats.

LoveJackBruce and lizardking837 like this.
  3. lizardking837

lizardking837

Jan 28, 2009
    It plays pretty good out of the box. The tuners are great and held it tuning even after playing with Trem arm a bit. I will need to make an adjustment to the neck very soon due to a 20 degree and 40% humidity swing in the last two days. I plan on restringing at with Labellas in a few weeks as I like the sound I'm getting out of the stock strings, but not the feel (you don't even really need the trem arm, they are so floppy).

LoveJackBruce likes this.
  4. lizardking837

lizardking837

Jan 28, 2009
    Sorry for the delay, I wrote the post on my phone and had some trouble uploading the images...It should be working by now.

5. Donnix82

Donnix82

Nov 26, 2016
    I just got mine last week, I love the black with tortoiseshell guard!!!!I just cant put it down.

lizardking837 likes this.
  6. I am GASing for one since I saw a band using it on stage. Which strings and gauge are using?

LoveJackBruce and lizardking837 like this.
  7. lizardking837

lizardking837

Jan 28, 2009
    I ordered custom set through Stringjoy (90-74-58-44-34-26) and they have been working extremely well. I had to raise the bridge on the Low E side a bit to kill some fret buzz, but it's very playable as of now. Chords on the top 3 strings sound great and I'm able to play quickly across the Low E and A strings.

JxBass and javi_bassist like this.
  8. lizardking837

lizardking837

Jan 28, 2009
    Indeed, it's color combo that I wasn't really fond of until recently. It absolutely screams 'Vintage.'

9. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    I want one too! Not sure which color.

10. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    Anyone had theirs set up by Sweetwater? I'm going to pay the extra for this service. And change the strings.

11. Donnix82

Donnix82

Nov 26, 2016
    I love mine, the black with tort pickguard has really grown on me and the pearloid block inlays along with the era correct thick gloss and headstock marking makes it true to the last ten years (1966-75) of its production run with Fender.

Attached Files:

12. LoveJackBruce

LoveJackBruce

Apr 8, 2018
    I tried the Sunburst model. It was Beautiful. The 6 string just wasn't for me.