1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD (to me), All Black, Kinal Kompact

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rosebud, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Rosebud

Rosebud

Jan 3, 2007
    Got this used yesterday, shipped to me from a GC in Delaware; fretted black Kinal Kompact. Everything I hoped it would be. It even has a built in tuner which I didn't know about. B-Band Electronics, made in 7/2010. Very easy to play, sounds great amplified. Right now it has black flats on it, I think. Looking forward to getting Thomastik Acousticore strings. The flats are fine but I prefer brighter strings. :hyper: Sorry for the camera phone, but as you know no pic no bass. I'm wondering if it belonged to anyone on here? Fine instrument. EDIT: 1/27/12 If I ever try to sell this please someone bring me to my senses. Thank you.

2. soulfool

soulfool

Dec 28, 2009
    Wow, someone bought it! Congratulations! I am not the owner but I stumbled on your exact guitar a couple weeks ago at the GC in Delaware. I never heard of the brand and had no intention of enjoying an acoustic electric bass, but I seriously considered buying it after playing it. I googled it tonight to see if it was still for sale which led me to your post. Seriously a sweet feeling bass with nice mellow tone, even unplugged. Loved the black flats with the hollow body. Your bass was "calling me" me a few days after playing but I couldn't justify the purchase. What made it harder were the "WP" initials on the back of the headstock, which are my same initials! Enjoy.

3. Rosebud

Rosebud

Jan 3, 2007
    Ha! now I know you speak the truth, I'm refering to the initials on the back. true true true.

4. Rosebud

Rosebud

Jan 3, 2007
    I'm primarily a jazz guy, so I plan on using it in gig, situations. Fred

5. Rosebud

Rosebud

Jan 3, 2007
    ...falling in love with short scale and Kinal. Ordered TI Acousticore strings today.

6. Rosebud

Rosebud

Jan 3, 2007
    put the Acousticore strings on, yeah she sings

7. Is that the actual color of the bass, or just the light reflecting off of it?

8. Rosebud

Rosebud

Jan 3, 2007
    It's all black, the light is reflecting off it which may seem like some kind of grey burst, but no it's trans black. Yo, love this for playing jazz! Finaly got the strings to settle in a bit.

EDIT: sold her or returned her actually, couldn't really afford it at the moment. Lovely bass though :(