1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD- Yamaha bb734a,

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mattygbass, Nov 30, 2018.

1. mattygbass

mattygbass Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Stafford Springs, CT
    FB8D4AAC-976D-4BFD-A653-A333B725E39B. let me start by saying, I was looking for a lighter weight bass for our 3 hour practices, where my US Lakland JO-CS is 11 pounds. Also, I was looking for a Pbass, with a close neck profile (1.625 at the nut. I started by buying a Schester model T session(nice bass, sounds nice, but over 10 lbs. and too active) then I tried one of the new fender player pbass. While the sound was great!! (The new pickup sounds really great) But, the trussrod didn’t turn, AT ALL! THEN, I decide to try the Yamaha. I really, couldn’t be happier! This thing is light, sounds fantastic, comes with a really nice gig and plays incredible! And looks are extremely bad ass. I honestly can’t think of a nicer bass, anywhere close to the price range. Anyone looking at these. Pull the trigger. I am still in awe that it’s a sub $1000 bass........

2. Skillet

Skillet Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    Translucent matte black. You don't see that every day. Beautiful.

mattygbass likes this.