NBD!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MoeTown1986, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Traded a fella for this last night for an American Standard Jazz that I just never loved. Now my gold top Jack Casady has a sibling. Also, the first two pics are the ones the guy sent me. I believe it had chromes on it. But, he had it strung with TI's, which is perfect, because all of my basses wear TI's.
    0EEE2035-1A17-4691-9444-56313916B0A9.jpeg
    9FFDEC04-CE1C-494A-ACE5-B4465E6274BD.jpeg
    520A800E-DC54-4FBD-8C1D-DF1347D66C86.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Dang that's a GOOD looking duet.

Edit to add "good". :wacky:

3. Thanks!! I never knew I was a fan until I got my gold one. I’m a Fender fan boy through and through. I’ve tried many other brands of basses and always come back to Fender. I can honestly say I love these Epiphones, though!

4. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA

The red one is just like the one Jack himself played in concert when I saw him last Summer. That bass is a lot more versatile than I thought. It's not just a hollow body dub thump machine. It'll get some growl to it!

5. No doubt! After I got the gold one, I took it to a gig. I was worried about feedback, but it had no issues. It sounded Absolutley huge is the mix.

6. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Epi makes great stuff! Congrats!

nixdad, ituobrey and MoeTown1986 like this.
  7. Thanks! And I agree. I have an Epiphone Plus Top Pro Les Paul that KILLS.

nixdad and Spidey2112 like this.
  8. Philibuster

Philibuster Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2012
    The Black Hills
    Very nice! I have spent little time with Eli basses, what does the knob below the scratchplate ‘E’ next to the F-hole do?

9. J_Bass

J_Bass Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Porto, Portugal
    Very nice basses! I would love to get a chance to try those out!

I am in a bass crossroad too. Jazz Bass all the way and now I only play my semi hollow Ibanez and my double bass.

MoeTown1986 likes this.
  10. That is a 3 way rotary switch. I believe it changes the impedence of the pickup. At “50”, it has a warm wooly tone. At “250” it gets a aggressive and growls quite a bit. At “500” it will almost act as an overdrive circuit.

11. saabfender

saabfender Inactive

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    It looks, doesn't it?

two fingers and MoeTown1986 like this.
  12. Haha! I didn't even catch that.

13. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Fixed. Thx. :D

MoeTown1986 likes this.
  14. Definitely get your hands on one. They're wonderful basses. I have an assortment of P and J basses. These things have earned a spot in my stable.

J_Bass likes this.
  15. J_Bass

J_Bass Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Porto, Portugal
    Thanks, I have to see if any of the very few local shops here have one of those.

16. J_Bass

J_Bass Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Porto, Portugal
    Just looked at my local shop website, they have Epiphone and Ibanez semi-hollow, including the Jack Cassady.

GOD DAMN IT! I just bought my Ibanez SRH505 6 months ago! And a double bass 2 months ago! Now I'm looking at this basses and wanting to try them out, and the Ibanez Portamento or the new Gary Willis fretless and maybe a P, why not? I don't have one, I should give it a try, no?

SOMEONE HELP ME!

wizerd likes this.
  17. Haha you don’t need help. I bought a Custom Shop P, American Original 60’s P, Gold Jack Casady, 60th anniversary jazz, and an American Standard Jazz last year. This red Jack is my first purchase of 2019. I hope for there to be many more.

TheDominoKid and J_Bass like this.
  18. wizerd

wizerd

Jan 5, 2012
    Prone to ranting, episodes of moral outrage.
    Nice catch and nice match. I miss my gold top, that thing had a wicked growly snarl.

MoeTown1986 likes this.
  19. Bassndrums73

Bassndrums73

Mar 13, 2018
    Ohio
    I always love seeing a nice pair.

JRA, Engle, wildman2 and 2 others like this.
  20. I have that problem too. Any time I find a bass I really like, I always have at LEAST two of them.

petch likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022