NCD!!! (2) Avatar B210 Neo vertical cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ERW, Mar 31, 2017.

1. ERW

ERW

Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Hello All,

After a whole lot of reading, conversations with other TB peeps, and some emailing with Dave I went the route of getting a pair of B210s.

They're replacing a pair of Ashdown ABM 408 Neos. Which even though I really liked them for a while, I knew in the long run they weren't gonna cut it, and opening them up led to me discovering one giant empty box...no bracing, batting....nada. But that's a whole different story.

Anyway, I had the chance to use these this past weekend at a show as well as in a room doing some quick one take live recordings. I really can't be happier. The cabs sound pretty amazing, and paired with my SVT7, I feel that the possibilities are just about endless in regards to tonal capabilities. IMG_0777.JPG IMG_0778.JPG IMG_0779.JPG

shoot-r, squidtastic, ERIC31 and 9 others like this.
  2. Very nice! I always hear good things about Avatar.
    Enjoy!
    Brent

Rumblefisher likes this.
  3. ERW

ERW

Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks Brent.

I've read countless of positive things said about Avatar here. Even though there is that small, small gamble of not being able to try before you buy. The communication with Avatar was superb, and was never once remotely second guessing after I ordered them.

McG and BrentSimons like this.
  4. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    They're good cabs Bront.

:D

steelbed45 and BrentSimons like this.
  5. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    Congrats.

BrentSimons likes this.
  6. waveman

waveman

Sep 25, 2008
    Those are some pretty cabs :)

I will be rocking mine this weekend, though they are the basic fur and metal grill.

shoot-r and ERW like this.
  7. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Congrats!!

8. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    those look great!

i love my 2x10 avatar cab. and you are right on, communication is top notch.

shoot-r and ERW like this.
  9. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Nice! Congrats.

I stack my Avatars vertically, too. Never thought to ask Dave to mount the logo placards like yours.

10. lpbfender

lpbfender Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Stamford CT
    Yay vertical 2, 2-10's!!!

shoot-r and Mystic Michael like this.
  11. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

I’m glad to see you are stacking them properly. :)

12. dcbassist5

dcbassist5 Supporting Member

May 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Awesome looking cabs! Congrats!

13. ERW

ERW

Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    i didn't think so either until i saw a few people who had them changed the logo themselves. they even reoriented the input panel which i thought was a nice touch.

it's pretty great. they will let you do just about anything to the cabinets, even down to choosing whatever logo you want which is how i scored the hiwatt looking logo.

i guess it really doesn't hurt to ask.

wave rider likes this.
  14. Gab124

Gab124 The path is greater than the destination

Dec 30, 2006
    Tulsa
    I also have a pair of those and mostly run them with my PF800. Great setup for an affordable price. I have played other Avatar cabs and I think this is their best cab - in my opinion of course.
    Enjoy!

shoot-r likes this.
  15. lokikallas

lokikallas Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2010
    los angeles
    Pretty cool, but something about those badges doesn't work for me. I much prefer the cursive avatar logo personally.

Mystic Michael likes this.
  16. ERW

ERW

Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    admittedly at first i was very slightly thrown off by the logo only for the size of it. i originally thought it was going to be the same size as the cursive logo.

all in all though, i went with that logo primarily because i thought it looked way better with my ampeg on top (font type, colors etc.). but i've definitely come to love the slightly oversized look of it.

17. bwoodman

bwoodman Supporting Member

I don't like logos at all and always take them off my cabs - even going to the extra trouble of replacing grills if necessary - IMO of course....

ERW likes this.
  18. michaeco

michaeco

Sep 12, 2010
    NJ
    Congratulations! I've purchased a B212 and a SB126 and love them both. There's nothing like being able to pick up the phone and have a conversation with the owner to discuss your individual needs. Enjoy them.

shoot-r, McG and ERW like this.
  19. squidtastic

squidtastic Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Which speaker did you opt for?

20. ERW

ERW

Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    I went with the Faital Neo 10s.