Neck Dive

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bass_drum, Mar 11, 2005.

1. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Hey guys I recently got a Bc Rich NJ beast bass and I gotta say the tone is killer.

The thing is that this thing has such a huge headstock that it just dives straight down. This isnt that big of an issue currently, but my band is gettin heard of now and we are gonna be getting quite a few gigs (hopefully :p ) and if I play this thing for even like 1hr , my wrist hurts really bad from holding it up.

So should I change the position of the strap locks? If so, where???

I've also been thinking that maby a different neck with a different head stock would work. The neck would have to have rosewood or ebony fingerboard and 24 frets. The headstock would also have to be a different shape then the standard fender jazz or presicion bass one, because itd look a little weird, so I was thinking something like a standard 2+2 instead of all 4 on one side...Anybody know of any necks that fit the description?

Any other Ideas????

2. glnflwrs

Jan 25, 2005
    Hesperia, CA
    Try using a wide leather or fabric (denim) strap. They offer more friction and tend to keep a bass from moving so much.
  3. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    *bump* Any more ideas??? I've tried a leather strap and it didnt go over to well.
  4. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    do a search on neck dive and you will find where to put the strap button, along with a whole lot of info

5. I glued a piece of that rubberized fabric the wife uses to line shelves with on the inside of my el cheapo leather strap.
    Worked greaat to keep things where I put them. :cool: