Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need a little help deciding...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by markowens1234, Jan 20, 2006.

1. markowens1234

markowens1234

May 2, 2004
    I just got back from a local shop, and they had a Warwick standard corvette, used, for 550 dollars. Damn good price, so I decided to play it. Set up well, sounded nice, checked out the grain... very cool looking grain on the back of the body. It's in mint condition as far as wear goes... looks like it's hardly been played. I'm thinking it would be hard to pass it up.. it's like 300 dollars off new price and it's in near new shape. My only problem is that I don't have a whole lot of money right now, and getting this bass would mean trading the Carvin I play now. Can I get some opinions? Is it worth picking it up, based on the good-deal factor?

2. Hey man, I have played several different Warwicks, and I am completely infatuated with the "warwick tone" But it isn't for everyone. I would definately recommend the exchange, as I myself am in process of acquiring a thumb 5 (fingers crossed!) So play it though a setup you are familiar with, and make your decision!

(and for the money, it's a good deal)