Need a pal.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Iritan, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Iritan

Jun 3, 2005
    Wilmington, N.C.
    Hey, I'm new to this forum but, I don't really like forums. So what I ask of one of you is to find a person with an AIM screen name that I can talk bass with, without having to do it on a forum. I'm a fifteen year old bassist, I've played bass for a year, I love it and am looking for someone to kinda learn me up about basses, rigs, new techniques, and also someone that I can just talk mucically and about bass, I have no bass friends here at home. So, if anyone is interested I'd appreciate it. I could care less of age, sex, race, creed, but i'd prefer a bassist with experience. Thank you.
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'd recommend sticking around and giving the forums a shot. What have you got to lose?

The benefits are pretty obvious, you can talk about what you want to talk about and also join discussions. Once you start... it's hard to stop though. :)

I'd be your friend, but I'm actually a giant ***hole.
  3. If you have any bass/music questions, I'd be glad to help. AIM: geoffkhan
  4. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA

Stick around, you'll get a lot more input here than on AIM.

This is a very diverse community, and the input has helped me tremendously.

I hope the same would be true for others.

Welcome aboard, dude. :)
  5. Hes not lying about being an Ahole............ :D

Just pickin Matty poo
  6. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I would but I'm not really into the AIM thing.

brad cook
  7. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Ill be your friend. Im not an a**hole, but I dont have AIM, that and I am an a**hole.

Do you know you can run a 9 string bass with a built in eq through any number of microphone preamps through corssovers into poweramps that give many thousands of watts and then have several different cabinets for different frequency ranges? Or that you can get digital amp modelers to reproduce the sound of different basses and amps?

Neither did I when I first joined, I advise you to stick around. :)
  8. I have AIM.. Benighted420 is my name on there. I'm usually online all day thru the week at work so feel free to add me and chat.
  9. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    My AIM is OnlyonBass and I'm usually on pretty late at night.

Also, stick around the forums, even if it's just to lurk and search. Tons of the best info here on TalkBass.
  10. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Hey, I'm one of the moderators of the General Instruction forum, and I teach several private students. I'm on AIM quite a bit. Feel free to contact me if I'm on and I'll be glad to help anyway I can..........

Chris A. :rolleyes: :bassist:
  11. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004

Talkbass is great for learning stuff like that...

...and the "Oh. I suck" thing. (Just don't download anyone's demos and stay blissfully ignorant)

12. Iritan

Jun 3, 2005
    Wilmington, N.C.
    Thank you for your input, by the sounds of it, browsin' around should be very beneficial, so I'll check around, I may be Instant messaging a few of you in the future, Thanks.
  13. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    definitely +1 there :)

The help I have gotten from TB as a complete beginner has helped me 1000 times more than any of the books I've read or anything like that.

The many different ideas, viewpoints etc. to your queries are a lot of help, and have helped me begin to understand the confusing world of amps, pickups, and all that jazz!

Plus, there's always OT, a great opportunity to get to know what the members are like. I'm there most of the time! :D Well, I'm not really at the stage where I can impart my bass knowledge on others yet..... :D

welcome and I hope you enjoy TB :)
  14. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Hmm, i'm a 15 year old bassist too! :D

I'm not on AIM, but i'm on MSN and Yahoo messenger though, feel free to contact me!