1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need a small, quiet amp for home use.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bobbertdole, Jul 23, 2012.

1. bobbertdole

bobbertdole

Jul 13, 2012
    I recently upped my amp set up, while great when im jamming it doesnt really get 'quiet'. I want a good small amp that sounds good for home use. Something that wont bother the neighbors.

2. I use Line6 LowDown 110 for home use. Sounds very solid for it's size and does very well for very small (bookstore / coffie shop) gigs.

3. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I've been quite happy with my BA108 for very small stuff.

5. bobbertdole

bobbertdole

Jul 13, 2012
    I need no more than thirty watts, that would be pushing it. Im thinking maybe a small rumble amp. Ive owned a larger one in the past and liked it. Possibly even the new Bronco. I know its like forty watts or something but it might be solid sounding although, i am weary of a modelling amp...

6. AntAir267

AntAir267

Mar 4, 2011
    I have the Bronco, and it can get very loud, but since it's solid state there's no real difference between loud and quiet. It sounds better quiet anyway because when you turn it up it gets a bit too bassy. It's a fantastic practice amp, it's great for recording yourself, modeling other amps, playing with headphones, and it has built-in effects.

7. bobbertdole

bobbertdole

Jul 13, 2012
    I think the demo on youtube has convinced me to get the bronco....

8. LoTone

LoTone Clean as an Entwistle... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Quebec, Canada
    I have a Bronco and I would highly recommend it. The Bronco is a good sounding practice amp to begin with. Then, when you hook it up to a computer, the fun begins.

I have been messing around with head/cab emulations for a couple years now: Line6, Guitar Rig, Amplitube, etc...

The Fender emulation is really good. Especially, the cab modeling.

In fact, it is so good that I started buying amps that are modeled by the Bronco.

I have a Fender Bassman TV. Tomorrow, I will go have a chat with someone that is selling a GK 800RB. I have discovered these amps while playing my Bronco. Go figure!

-- LoTone