Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need advice about improvisation

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Groove_Master, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Groove_Master

Groove_Master Guest

Feb 29, 2004
    Turkey
    how can i improve my improvisation skills? what should i do?

2. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    how much theory do you have?
    i found after i learned everything and took the RCM rudaments 2 exam i was a lot better off, and i hadnt even started applying it yet. I dont know, you may be much further ahead of me ,but thats what i found. After i started really using what id learned, i improved greatley again.
    hope this is a help
    -marty

3. Groove_Master

Groove_Master Guest

Feb 29, 2004
    Turkey
    im good at theory i take lessons for that. i can improvise nice things but i think it must be better :/

4. Try singing your solos. If you can come up with nice stuff in your head first, then it's a matter of playing what you hear.

5. Baloo

Baloo

Mar 1, 2004
    San Luis,Az
    SINGING SOLOS ITS A GOOD IDEA, AND ITS SO FUN WHEN YOU ON STAGE. I RECOMED OTEIL BURBRIDGE.. HE DO IT

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Do yourself a favor and buy or borrow John Patitucci's Electric Bass part 2 video. It goes into very good detail about how to improvise. talks all about improvising.

7. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    Well , for starters you can...

Get a teacher that is capable of improvsing and "teaching" it ,if you don't have one. Use the search function. Check out the DB side of Talkbass thorougly.

/lovebown