1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

need advice about improvisation

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Groove_Master, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Groove_Master

Groove_Master Guest

Feb 29, 2004
    Turkey
    how can i improve my improvisation skills? what should i do?

2. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    how much theory do you have?
    i found after i learned everything and took the RCM rudaments 2 exam i was a lot better off, and i hadnt even started applying it yet. I dont know, you may be much further ahead of me ,but thats what i found. After i started really using what id learned, i improved greatley again.
    hope this is a help
    -marty

3. Groove_Master

Groove_Master Guest

Feb 29, 2004
    Turkey
    im good at theory i take lessons for that. i can improvise nice things but i think it must be better :/

4. Try singing your solos. If you can come up with nice stuff in your head first, then it's a matter of playing what you hear.

5. Baloo

Baloo

Mar 1, 2004
    San Luis,Az
    SINGING SOLOS ITS A GOOD IDEA, AND ITS SO FUN WHEN YOU ON STAGE. I RECOMED OTEIL BURBRIDGE.. HE DO IT

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Do yourself a favor and buy or borrow John Patitucci's Electric Bass part 2 video. It goes into very good detail about how to improvise. talks all about improvising.

7. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    Well , for starters you can...

Get a teacher that is capable of improvsing and "teaching" it ,if you don't have one. Use the search function. Check out the DB side of Talkbass thorougly.

/lovebown