1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need amp recommendations

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FunkyMonkCP, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Hey guys, I just ordered a Modulus blue flake four string flea bass and its coming at the end of june. I need some recommendations on what amp to get. I play bass as a hobby, I don't play for anyone except friends and family and I don't need a loud amp. I need an amp that provides clear, full sound with a modulus flea bass. The amp I have right now its the totally crappy amp that comes with the fender squier set :crying: ...I will probably use headphones a lot too.

I've heard one person say that a nemisis NC-210 is a good options. Oh and I'm trying not to spend over $800. Thanks guys.

2. Do a search.

3. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    You said amp. You said $800. Do you mean a combo with speakers? You gota Flea bass...why not look at a Gallien-Krueger 400RB/210 Bass combo:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...2925814/g=bass/search/detail/base_pid/482591/

If you want to learn about amps (not combos), do a search for [ampeg and svt and eden] and look at the amps that people recommend with/for/against the Ampeg SVT 3 Pro and/or the Eden WT400. If you read all those posts, you will know what people here like and do not like and why. I am not saying get the Ampeg or the Eden, I am saying that discussions around those two amps will get you to the good stuff. There is one power level, around the SVT3/WT400, and then another, around the SVT4/WT800. Just like you see commercials about cars driving "just like a BMW", those amps are the ones to get, or to look at before you decide on something else...

For headphone practice, look at the Pandora's Box, for headphone practice with a CD, and the ability to slow the CD down or repeat a portion of the CD, look at the Akai CDBT-1 (CD Bass Trainer).

Tim99.

4. Thanks. I would use the search, but I wouldn't think that I would find people with specific use like I need. I'll still search anyways.

5. I just happened to be searching bassgear.com looking an amp for me, and saw a few used Nemeses combos. thought i'd throw the info your way. go look there.

6. Alright, I'll check it out. Thanks.