Need amp recommendations

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FunkyMonkCP, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Hey guys, I just ordered a Modulus blue flake four string flea bass and its coming at the end of june. I need some recommendations on what amp to get. I play bass as a hobby, I don't play for anyone except friends and family and I don't need a loud amp. I need an amp that provides clear, full sound with a modulus flea bass. The amp I have right now its the totally crappy amp that comes with the fender squier set :crying: ...I will probably use headphones a lot too.

I've heard one person say that a nemisis NC-210 is a good options. Oh and I'm trying not to spend over $800. Thanks guys.
  2. Do a search.
  3. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    You said amp. You said $800. Do you mean a combo with speakers? You gota Flea bass...why not look at a Gallien-Krueger 400RB/210 Bass combo:

If you want to learn about amps (not combos), do a search for [ampeg and svt and eden] and look at the amps that people recommend with/for/against the Ampeg SVT 3 Pro and/or the Eden WT400. If you read all those posts, you will know what people here like and do not like and why. I am not saying get the Ampeg or the Eden, I am saying that discussions around those two amps will get you to the good stuff. There is one power level, around the SVT3/WT400, and then another, around the SVT4/WT800. Just like you see commercials about cars driving "just like a BMW", those amps are the ones to get, or to look at before you decide on something else...

For headphone practice, look at the Pandora's Box, for headphone practice with a CD, and the ability to slow the CD down or repeat a portion of the CD, look at the Akai CDBT-1 (CD Bass Trainer).

4. Thanks. I would use the search, but I wouldn't think that I would find people with specific use like I need. I'll still search anyways.
  5. I just happened to be searching looking an amp for me, and saw a few used Nemeses combos. thought i'd throw the info your way. go look there.
  6. Alright, I'll check it out. Thanks.