need help finding passive pickups for Ibanez SR800... aka QP's don't fit!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ScorchMountain, Jan 15, 2019.

1. ScorchMountain

ScorchMountain

Jan 15, 2019
    I have an 1992 MIJ SR800 that I'm trying to convert from the active AFR pickups and circuitry to a passive bass. Sounds easy, doesn't it? I thought it would be. Turns out the Quarter Pound pickups don't fit and now I'm super confused as to why or what to try next... or if this is a doomed project.

I wrote a detailed post about this in the pickup forum, but maybe this forum is as-good or better of a place to post? I don't want to double post, so please follow the link below or check out my post in the Pickups & Electronics section.

Thanks for any help. I'm really frustrated at this point and my bass is already disassembled.

Converting SR800 AFR to passive, need some pickup help

2. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Seymour Duncan pickup sizes are consistent with most aftermarket pickup manufacturers. So, if you’re committed to going passive, altering the pickup cavities to accept the new pickups is probably the best option.

Zoobiedood likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2022