1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Need help identifying Hondo II bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Marshs211, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Marshs211

Marshs211

May 7, 2015
    Picked this up at an auction. It has some paint chipping and chips on the headstock but is in decent shape overall. Frets are alright. It says Hondo II on the headstock but no righting on the bass. The pickguard and wiring are not original I know for sure. Idk about anything else. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? (Age, country of manufacture, value, ect) image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Sartori likes this.
  2. Yorick

Yorick

Nov 10, 2006
    Looks like a Hondo II Professional bass

3. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    Looks older and less Indonesian than mine. Nice.

4. Marshs211

Marshs211

May 7, 2015
    Any guesses to what its worth? What year it was made?

5. permissiontoland

permissiontoland

Jan 25, 2015
    Actually a fairly rare version of the H-830 (although that doesn't really make it worth any more, sorry), it was only made for one year with that headstock before becoming part of the Deluxe Series. So it's a 1981. Made in Korea by Samick. Value? Maybe $100-200.

More info here: H-830

Swerve, Ericnordicbee and Korladis like this.
  6. Marshs211

Marshs211

May 7, 2015
    I just realized that it has a Gibson style nut. You can see it in the picture of the headstock. Never seen that before on a fender style bass.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021