1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help installing bass driver in Hartke AK410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Spoono Ghiefardi, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Spoono Ghiefardi

Spoono Ghiefardi

Nov 20, 2015
    I replaced the top left speaker after it blew and now 3 of the four speakers work. This speaker has a positive and negative wire coming from the speaker input jack and I made sure the wires were hooked up to the correct... "attachment" on the speaker itself, not sure the name. Could it be a bad wire?
    Im not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

2. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Do you have and know how to use a multimeter? This is the most fundamental tool you need when working on equipment.
    Did you replace the driver with an appropriate model, or just "whatever"? This will help determine where you are at in the process.
    Did you take notes about how the old driver was connected so that you could wire the replacement the same way?

basscooker and agedhorse like this.
  3. Spoono Ghiefardi

Spoono Ghiefardi

Nov 20, 2015
    Figured it out, was a bad wire.

BassmanPaul likes this.
  4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Even so do the battery test on the whole system by placing the + of a 9V battery on the tip of your speaker cable and the (-) against the sleeve. You should hear a hearty thunk from the cabinet and all the drivers should move in the same direction.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2021