Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help ordering pots for obp-1

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by iggy, Feb 15, 2006.

1. iggy

iggy

Jan 3, 2006
    I need help ordering pots for my obp-1. I have a fender american jazz deluxe in which I want to place the obp-1. I have four knobs on the control plate. they are vol, blend, stacked bass/treble and mid control knob. I wish to take out all the stock pots and replace them with the apropriate pots for the obp-1. I want a push/pull 250k volume pot that will double as my switch between active/passive, a blend pot 250k with center detent, a bass/treble pot 25k,and a passive tone control, that will work in passive and active mode, to roll off the highs. I want to use pots that have shafts that will accomodate my knobs that are currently on my bass. Can anyone point me to a dealer that have my required pots list and is how I want to setup my bass the best or most practical way to cover all my electronic needs for the obp-1.

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I'll also say that I'm really liking the obp-2 preamp I have in my Valenti basses. With bass/treble cut/boost, it gives me a lot of control over the sound with the same fat bass sound of the obp-1