1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help.. smoke chrome hardware

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Knifedge, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Knifedge

Knifedge

Jan 24, 2009
    I did a search through talkbass, google etc. looking for smoked chrome (black chrome??) hardware for a five string bass I am modding.. from what I found so far, companies selling bass hardware sell Chrome, Gold, and Black. I have seen this hardware on a Hohner B-Bass 5 string (which I don't have anymore)... any of you knowledgeable folks know what company may sell that particular colour? (I already tried warmoth, mightymite, Gotoh etc. etc.)

Thanks in advance...

2. Knifedge

Knifedge

Jan 24, 2009
    Thanks a million, Thunder.... I totally forgot about Schaller..... and... while I didn't find the smoke chrome I was looking for, that vintage copper is even better...

Again.. thanks :)

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Gotoh does make smoked chrome parts, they call it "black chrome".

4. Knifedge

Knifedge

Jan 24, 2009
    I checked Gotoh's site again.... the black chrome is very black but the pictures probably don't help in determining what the colour is supposed to look like..... but they have a colour called Cosmo Black which is a smoked look to it.. they don't have any larger pictures to draw information from though..... maybe I will call them, their prices are right and the tuners I have on this particular bass are Gotoh tuners anyways... :)