1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

need help with ajustment!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sarley, May 11, 2010.

1. Sarley

Sarley

Dec 17, 2009
    ok! here is the deal, my g string seems to be quite loose if you knows what i mean, every time i do a pull off on the g string the string seems to come off the fret board and starts making an intense buzzing sound, does anyone know how to tighten this string so it wont leave the fretboard when i pull off???

i have got an allen key and tried to lower the bridge on the g string and the action feels better but the string is still coming off the fretboard and buzzing, i havent tried bringing the string forward by going anit-clockwise with a screwdriver at the back of the bridge, just trying to lower the string by allen key scares me enough.

thanks all!!!

2. Put the tools down!!!!

Can you post a pick of the bass?
    How high is the action? (measure from the bottom of the string to the fingerboard.

3. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Lowering the string will not stop the buzzing, it would actually make it worse i believe....
    Is it tuned properly?
    Proper amount of tension?
    What kind of bass?
    What kind of Strings?
    How does the nut look?
    The neck may need a little relief.....

4. Sarley

Sarley

Dec 17, 2009
    haha!!!

wise idea, i cant send a pic because i dont have a camera, the action is quite nice on it just the G, where shall i measure from? the highest point of space between the freatboard and string?

5. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    around the 7th or 8th fret...

6. Sarley

Sarley

Dec 17, 2009
    its like a tiny bit under 1/4 inches gap between the board and string.

the bass is a american deluxe jazz, its tuned, the neck looks nice and straight,