Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help with Cubase SX/SL 3 + MI4

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by AmplifyYourBass, Sep 11, 2005.

1. AmplifyYourBass

AmplifyYourBass

Dec 7, 2003
    Ok, so I bought a Cubase SX/SL 3 recording software disc with the MI4 (Steinberg) and a microphone so my band can record. I have everything set up (as far as I know). The microphone is connected to the MI4, the MI4 is connected to my computer, everything is connected, I have the screen up, and it says it's recording, but it's not picking up the sound (those little lines that move up and down aren't showing up). I've read through the instruction booklet, and no luck. Either what it said wasn't the problem or what they said was way too technical for me (I am not technology friendly in any way). I called Guitar Center, where I bought this from, and mentioned the fact that it says I might need a tape recorder or something (??) to also hook up to what I have set up, but the guy said that shouldn't be the problem. The guy I wanted to talk to has the day off, so I'll call tommorrow, but I want to see if I can get help now. Everything is working fine...it just won't RECORD! PLEASE HELP!

:help: :help: :help: :help: