Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need help with guitar rig / sound card

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Yvon, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I downloaded the demo of guitar rig. I hear a very loud high pitch noise similar to feedback. I can use it with cubase as a plug in no problem but I can't use it in real time with my guitar. I can hear the feedback even if my guitar is not pluged. I email guitar rig and this is what they answer:

It seems that quite possibly the inputs are either swapped or that the levels are set so high that there is a feedback signal. Check the M-Audio control panel. Has there been any configuration of the ‘Audio and Midi setting’? It is possible that the default soundcard is set to the built-in device or interface, or maybe the mic input is set really high or you are using a built-in mic. I would need to speak with you about your system and your settings in order to give a more precise response.

I have an M-audio 24/96 sound card. It seem like I tried every thing with my sound card. I could post some print screen of my settings of my m-audio card if needed.
    I downloaded amplitube uno and I have the same problem. So the problem is somewhere in the computer...

I've been trying to figure out the proble for the last few days....

Thank you