1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

need help with guitar rig / sound card

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Yvon, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I downloaded the demo of guitar rig. I hear a very loud high pitch noise similar to feedback. I can use it with cubase as a plug in no problem but I can't use it in real time with my guitar. I can hear the feedback even if my guitar is not pluged. I email guitar rig and this is what they answer:

It seems that quite possibly the inputs are either swapped or that the levels are set so high that there is a feedback signal. Check the M-Audio control panel. Has there been any configuration of the ‘Audio and Midi setting’? It is possible that the default soundcard is set to the built-in device or interface, or maybe the mic input is set really high or you are using a built-in mic. I would need to speak with you about your system and your settings in order to give a more precise response.

I have an M-audio 24/96 sound card. It seem like I tried every thing with my sound card. I could post some print screen of my settings of my m-audio card if needed.
    I downloaded amplitube uno and I have the same problem. So the problem is somewhere in the computer...

I've been trying to figure out the proble for the last few days....

Thank you