1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need help with MM color

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Apr 17, 2006.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I can't recall the name EB used for thier transparent neon green type color a few years back. While I've tried to avoid EBMMs, I'm really starting to think a Sterling would be a nice addition to the family, and that color with a rosewood board would make me a happy camper.
    FWIW, I believe it is the color of the third bass of the middle row in the top picture at Bass Central's Sterling page here.
    C'mon Figgy, help me out here!
    edit: there was one for sale here not too long ago, but it looks like that thread's been deleted.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    trans green

3. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Well damn. That was quick. I figured it would have a little more character to the name than that, but oh well. Thanks!

4. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    Honey burst.

5. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Hmm...looks much more yellow than I recall, but that's it. Any pics of it w/ a rosewood board? Thanks again!

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    here you go

[​IMG]

7. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    barf green! i like that color too (except the last one... a little too yellow)!

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Its all the same color, just the lighting.

9. I was just wondering: what's the differences between the sterling and the stingray?

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Well I would say do a search but Ill save you the trouble.

Sterling has skinnier neck, smaller body, different electronics with a more variable EQ, ie: it has a 3 way coil splitting switch that allows the pickup to be wired in series/single coil/ or parallel. Whereas the stingray is always in parallel.

Stingray has larger neck, larger body. Some say it has a bit more bottom end than the Sterling.

11. Hey SoComSurfing, you wanted to know about this color bass wouldnt have anything to do with this guy or his bass, would it?:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I mean i could be wrong but judging from your avatar and color choice i thought i may take a guess.
    i actually love that color anyway and which i could have gotten my stingray in it.
    even it roger from LTJ has nothing to do with it, those pictures show that trans green color really well.

12. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Roger's Translucent Green Sterling is one of my favorite combos ever. Amazing tone and amazing player. Just listen to "Borders and Bounderies" if you don't know what I'm talking about.

13. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    :bag:
    NO!...well....nope...um...maybe...
    ...YES!!!

I've played Roger's a few times and fell in love with the color. I've never really had a desire for a MM, but the Sterling GAS is REALLY growing, no thanks to Roger and Figjam!

14. Thanks for the info. I'm presently looking for a new bass, and an EBMM is in my main choices, so I'm trying to get as much information as I can.

15. or anything by them, haha.
    even after growing out of punk and ska and whatever else i've gotten into, LTJ will always be one of, if not my favorite.

o yea trans green haha.

16. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

17. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've been desperate to own a Trans Green Stingray or Sterling with a maple board and white pickup/pickguard forever now...basically what Heinz the bass used to look like. I can't find one anywhere :(

18. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I'm sorry, that looks to be more yellow than green.

19. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Yeah it looks more like pea soup.