need help with purchase

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jacostilllives, Aug 7, 2005.

1. jacostilllives

May 4, 2004
    Ok guys here is my thing. Im about to buy a brand new ampeg SVT4-Pro. I know this for sure. But now i need a cab or cabs to go with it. What should i do? my options are 8x10. 1x15 and 4x10 or last but not least 1x18 with 4x10. Im looking for an all around good sound. I play a lot of different types of music but mainly soul/funk/rock. Any help will be appriciated. Thanks!
  2. jacostilllives

May 4, 2004
    Bump. please help guys. Could anyone just give me a low down about the different characteristics of the cab setups?
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'd go with a 410. The 810 is just too cumbersome, and if you ever play any venues that really need eight 10s, you can add another 410. Fifteens aren't versatile and don't have a useful range of tones. Eighteens are awful by themselves, so you're going to need 2 cabs. If you're going to get two cabs, get either two 410s or a 410 and a 210.

Ampeg, huh. Why?
  4. jacostilllives

May 4, 2004
    been playing their amps for about 10 years now. Just like the way the sound and they fit my style. I dont think there is anything wrong with the 4pro?
  5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Funny thing about looking for a "good sound". Seems like everyone here is looking for that these days. What's up with THAT???? :cool:
  6. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    What is your price range for the cabs?

If you love ampeg I'd suggest the 410 HLF or the BXT410.

If you need anything cheaper than that check out avatar speakers here . I'd suggest getting a 212 and a 410 from avatar.

SWR also makes a good 410 cab (goliath III) try finding one of those if you can.

Schroeder cabs are also GREAT cabs, and lots of TB'ers have em, you can find Jorg's stuff here

Hope that helps you out some dude!

7. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    I use the SVT-4. For one cab I have a GK 410 (any good 410 will do). I can use a GK 210 or an Eden 115 for the second cab. I prefer the Eden for the sound that I like. A 15 is sweet along with the 10s. By it'self the single 15 isn't as good as a cab with 10s, IMO only.