1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need Input ( mp3 inside )

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bluez Dawg, May 13, 2006.

1. Btw Gear used 250 watt yorkvile amp. Cort artisan B4 model with 760 fl flat wound by la bella strigns. and I've used to effects proccessors one is a bp50 and the other one is a digitech bass synth wah. So tell me what you think gang ok?

2. bunp

3. Manol

Manol Too Sexy To Be Left Handed.

Oct 9, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    What the **** was that?

That was horrible.

4. to be honest, i really couldn't hear what you were playing, it sounded like the drum machine was right next to the mic, while the bass was out in the background

5. well it was the mylaxin mode.s and I though it was ok. ok next time I willtern down the drum machine.

6. how are you recording that?

it sounds like your bass amp was in the next room :)

7. digital recorder and usb port..

8. so you didn't use a mic or you did?

9. no I didnt but next time I will do a pc direct record. anways could y0ou hearme stayingon beat though at all??

10. wow..

wel.. if you want to learn to play in time, then i recommend you get a metronome, turn off your effects and practice with the clicks on "one". In your recording you're starting in different parts of the bar all the way through.. and it seems you couldn't find the "one" from word go. it was also hard to figure out if you were trying to play on or off the beat?!

this is all constructive criticism.. which is what you asked for.. so take it for what it's worth.

andy

11. Man I am getting tired of yo people saying its not intime when mostly it is. and further more your wong listen to it closely again. but thanks for the info.....

12. ugg I got to remake thi sound rack. its horrible to say the least . Sorry gang.

13. well.. i'm not wong, i do believe he that he may be the guy that works in my local takeaway joint though...

i had another listen, to give you the benifit of the doubt.. and i stand by what i said before. you start off playing on all the off beats (one AND, two AND), so when you asked if you were playing on the beat - well quite simply you're not. The riff then degenerates to the point where it is impossible to tell where you're you think the "one" is.

again i'm not trying to be harsh.. but you wanted the feedback, so there you have it.

andy.

14. true...didn't you ask in the first post if you were keeping time, then you got an answer and you you told him he was w(r)ong?

why not just post a "see what i can do" rather than a "need input" thread

15. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    What am I listening to? I can only assume you're old enough to know who James Brown was. Go back and play along with those old songs. Don't look up tabs. Listen to the songs of his as well as Temptations and early Motown stuff and just play along with it. Learn by listening and your timing and ear will follow.

-Eric.

16. Thanks. Thank means a lot from you. and Yes I know who James Brown is, hes an Honeray Blues Brother. and a hall of famer as well. I like his style music. Thanks again.

17. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    hmmm Yea your timing is a bit off. Try tapping your foot. Not on every note but on every 2 and 4. Just listen to the tune and start snapping your fingers don't worry about your playing. The snapping should be your count.

18. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Couldn't hear the first example, but the second is completely out of time. Like you were trying to play with no time.