Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Paypal help

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by byrdsfan, Mar 15, 2004.

1. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    How can i make paypal use my credit card and not my checking account?
    I want to buy a couple of things (one of which is a bass, naturally) but can't swing it with my checking. These are paypal eby items.
    I've found in the past that paypal uses my linked checking account to make purchases. This caused me some problems as i didnt realize it was happening.
    Now i just unlinked my my checking account and it says my limit is zero dollars. Before i linked my checking i had no such problems but one guy said he'd only sell to a verified account. So i hooked it up.
    How do i use my credit card only?
    Thanks,
    Signed
    I'll Never Learn

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Not music related, off to OT.

3. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    i was buying a bass! ;)

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    When submitting the payment, it should give you an option of selecting the source for your funding. Select your credit card here.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Or you could make the credit card your primary account, too.

6. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    Apparently i've exceeded my limit for year and can't go further without verification. But when verified, it just sucks the money out of my checking account. When i deactivate the verification, my limit is zero.
    :rolleyes: I dont see a way around this, except of course to stop buying stuff.

7. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I'm assuming, since you say you're verified, that you already have a credit card on file with PayPal.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="75%" align=center bgColor=#cccccc border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD> [​IMG] Here's How: </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#cccccc>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
    1. Click on the Send Money tab
    2. Enter the required information
    3. Click Continue
    4. Click the Funding Options link under the Source of Funds heading
    5. Click the Credit Card radio button
    6. Click Continue
    7. Review the information on the Payment Details page and click Send Money to complete your transaction
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Assuming your credit card isn't maxed, this shouldn't be a problem. Leave your checking linked as it was before.

8. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    yes i never noticed the other forms of payment tab. Thanks. They do everything to dissuade you from using it.
    Now i have a hideous Space Cadet bass and my wife is getting a birthday present. She wont know how close she came to getting shut out.